Cam Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Belt

hello all, cam belt light has come on today, whose the best to change it in Somerset? Was on the way home from West Midlands to Somerset, so have done approx 150 miles Got Him!!!

Originally posted by ticktocktaffy
    hello all, cam belt light has come on today, whose the best to change it in Somerset? Was on the way home from West Midlands to Somerset, so have done approx 150 miles Got Him!!!
    TonyN is in Basingstoke so give him a shout as he does a lot of work on members trucks
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

TonyN

Thanks Richard, Already left a message on his ansaphone GOT HIM

Comment

Originally posted by ticktocktaffy
        Got Him!!!
        ???

how many miles has your surf covered? im under the impression the light comes on at 100,000 km that right?
        just on my surf i have written on the engine cam belt done 115,000. i think you have some leeway after the light comes on. someone else can tell me if im right or wrong though
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

100000 is when it should be done as its not worth chancing leaving it too long after the light comes on.
          It may also be that the belt was changed before and the light will still come on at 100'000 as its set to do so.if you know if its been changed then just reset the light
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi, light came on at 140,004 kilometres, so I am presuming it was changed at 40,004k, best to change it just in case, no p
            apaerwork on when it was last done Got Him!!!
            Thanks for the replies

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              100000 is when it should be done as its not worth chancing leaving it too long after the light comes on.
              It may also be that the belt was changed before and the light will still come on at 100'000 as its set to do so.if you know if its been changed then just reset the light
              I'd bet you could double that and not worry on a correctly fitted genuine belt, Toyota wouldn't put the time to change ANYWHERE near the actual life of the belt. They would be foolish to have any chance of a belt breaking and the damage it causes.

But, I'd always change it ASAP after the 100,000KM remender, it would be equally supid not to. But a couple of 1000Km or so over isn't going to be a problem IMHO.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I got him too!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  I got him too!!!!!

I've not got nuffin'

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hey TonyN, thanks for the info, trucks already being done, didnt think it wise to leave it too long Now Ive Got Him!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X