Why Wont She Sell???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Wont She Sell???

Is it me or is trying to sell my Surf a F******G nightmare, I cant seem to sell it for a reasonable price. Is it me, am I doing something wrong or is the market just not very good at the moment?
    Cheers
    Scotty

Drink Jagermeister Responsibly

Well where have you got it for sale?

Ebay will help you be rid of it! It will sell just at a poor price.
    Autotrader is your best bet but you will have to suffer a million "oh hello to you sir, good day i can offer you great".. blah blah sh*t!
    Freeads/adtrader, again Will see you rid of it but at a poor price..

You want my advice? Get the socket set out, Sell the bullbar on ebay. sell the spotlamps on ebay, sell anything you can seperately and then you can ask for less for the surf and it wil be snatched up no time at all!!

Oh also tax it! Even if you have to bump the price up to compensate or just not take any offers.

I got my surf dead cheap because it had no tax! No one can test drive it! Or buy it and drive it away... Its a HUGE put off mate.
    Last edited by RodLeach; 22 June 2007, 19:43.

Comment

dont think 4x4's are flavour of the month and as for selling a 2.4 look on autotrader and compare the prices, its no good looking at what you paid 6 +months ago as prices have dropped ,just seen a 2.4 for £850 on other site meant to run allright
      Last edited by joker??; 22 June 2007, 22:19.
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

The market is p!sh poor for selling @ this time of year, better wait 'till the hunting season / winter.

I posted here last week about three 4x4's my buddie's are selling, a P reg Landy 90, a K reg Sh**un and a K reg 3ltr Surf the Surf is shiny dark blue and like new inside and out complete with that orrible silly "back door" spare wheel AND 12 months MOT & tax.

The Landy = 4-5K..The Sh**un = 1.2k and the Surf was 2k but the 1.5k offer looks good to sell.

Aint got a clue what you are selling but remember 1.5k for a mint K reg 3ltr full T&T then work it down from there.

Comment

Bought my 1995 SSRX 3.0 litre last year for £2,500. I intend to keep it as long as possible but if I had to let it go, in say 3 years time, and got around £1,500 I would be well pleased.

I lost £2,500 on a Mondeo I had for 3 years so losing £1,000 on the Surf wouldn't be too bad. As previously mentioned I would take all the 'extras' off that I had fitted and sell them on Ebay!
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

WOTS with the DENT in the Door??
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
              WOTS with the DENT in the Door??
              Ah yeah some TW@T of a kid ran his quad into the side of it.

As for seeling it its been in the trader for the past 3 weeks and ebay 4 times. Loads of people have said il swap you for it but i really need the cash surely i cant let her go for less than 2K shes got a brands new head on her.
              Cheers
              Scotty

Drink Jagermeister Responsibly

Comment

You aint going to get ya money back on a 2.4, not much of a market for the dreaded 4x4, paid 3 grand for mine 2 years ago and be lucky to get 1 1/2 for it now, thats why i'm not too bothered about cutting holes in it
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                  You aint going to get ya money back on a 2.4, not much of a market for the dreaded 4x4, paid 3 grand for mine 2 years ago and be lucky to get 1 1/2 for it now, thats why i'm not too bothered about cutting holes in it
                  Only 3 grand you lucky sod, i paid about 5 for my 2.4 less than three years ago. .But i wouldnt sell it for for any money, and am thinking about cutting holes in it.
                  Working at last.......

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
                    complete with that orrible silly "back door" spare wheel
                    what? more practical to get to no? makes it look more like a 4x4 imho

i sold my bmw for silly price because i was fed up of all these people coming round and kicking the tyres and not really wanting it, plus tons of phone calls. i really hate messers now. i wouldnt do that to someone. i just dont see the point.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by avalon
                      Ah yeah some TW@T of a kid ran his quad into the side of it.

As for seeling it its been in the trader for the past 3 weeks and ebay 4 times. Loads of people have said il swap you for it but i really need the cash surely i cant let her go for less than 2K shes got a brands new head on her.
                      Im sorry to say mate but the new head wont add money to it. Its one of the only pitfalls about owning a 2.4 everyone knows the heads go so having a new one already on whilst still great and a selling point as such wont add any cost.

Perhaps you should be wise and sell parts as suggested, take a swap and then sell the swapped car?!? You should get as close then to your lowest price you would accept

Comment

You think you have problems. I spent £6,250 to buy mine in Aug 05 and have since spent about £3,500 in parts and servicing. If I had known that in advance I would have bought a newish Defender and wouldn't have hardly lost any money.

I've just sold my Series III for £700, I've had it 12 years and it only cost me £1,500. It had NO tax or MOT and needed about £300 spending on it to get through the MOT. £800 loss in 12 years is nothing.

Comment

scotty, try putting it on ebay, and state in the ad your willing to talk exporters. and im not joking. a few guys in the trade have told me that people are buying the imports over here and then exporting them out to india and the sub continent.

if you go down this route, then make sure its a CASH only transaction mate
                          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Working...
                          X