Not Surf Related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Surf Related

My wifes Corsa needs the exhaust replacing. Can I replace with a non Cat system? I don't wwnat to be lashing out this kind of money if I don't need the Cat.

Thanks men

Simon

Originally posted by The Hornet
    My wifes Corsa needs the exhaust replacing. Can I replace with a non Cat system? I don't wwnat to be lashing out this kind of money if I don't need the Cat.

Thanks men

Simon
    what year was it manufactured.the car that is.??
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

93/94

Comment

if its 92 on a K then you can get rid of the cat
        is the cat knackered then? is it rattling or is it completely gone?
        when i was doing this a few years ago, i quite often made their old cat interchangeable with a straigh piece of pipe (de-cat)
        even though their old cat was a bit rattly, usually it had not become small enough to dislodge and turn. so even tho it rattles, the mot passed flying colours- they just had to put it back in for mot. and it was illegal to drive on public roads like that.

if the cat is fine, and its just the system can you not just get the centre, back box or system from cat?
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by The Hornet
          93/94
          it will be illegal to drive without a cat.
          if there is a custom exhaust place near you, find out whats wrong exaclty with your system, and have a new bit made if its poss (eg a rusty bend or whatever) ive often welded the pipe back right onto the box where its snapped off. but the tig welder usually makes bigger holes, and when it did weld, it didnt last too long and they were back within a few months.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Thanks men, I'll make sure she gets it checked first, it's got the cat so I suppose it needs to stay.

Comment

Working...
            X