Webcam on lightbar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webcam on lightbar!

Because of the flooded lanes locally (only up to around 18-24") I've been out for a bit of a play.

I clamped my webcam onto the lightbar and made some movies as a test for what I want to do on the upcoming Wales run. Other than the webcam resolution being a bit $$$$py, it's a good viewpoint and works well! Just need a better webcam... and some waterproofing!

If I can work out how to put video up on youtube I'll show you some
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Sorted!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=34LKLRCDDfQ

Comment

hehe i like it that is cool

Comment

and another one. The webcam gets a bit wet...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pdjo_9JtEeo

Comment

You Big Big Kid

Actually wish it was me.

Comment

Fantastic idea mate!!! love the vids! now get a snorkel before you end up with a drowned engine and scuba pops needs to go rescue you!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
              Fantastic idea mate!!! love the vids! now get a snorkel before you end up with a drowned engine and scuba pops needs to go rescue you!
              Only 18" - 24" deep. I can wade up to 31" due to lifts. (Though a snorkel is coming this year!)

Comment

hey there

try www.actioncameras.co.uk i use them for downhilling cameras and other awesome kit....

the do some quite good bits that can be fitted to the trucks

happy shopping

ttfn

graham

Comment

Yeah, seen that website. There's a K2000 or something like that which looks good. Trouble is the limited recording time and no way to operate it remotely.

I've got some software which will record multiple webcams, so was going fo make some waterproof housings and fit one to the lightbar, one to the front bumper and one at the back looking forward underneath the truck. I can edit it all together later.

This was just to test the feasibility really. The laptop will also be running Memory Map fed by the GPS too so it will be pretty stressed out!

Might actually build a small PC into the truck somewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    Yeah, seen that website. There's a K2000 or something like that which looks good. Trouble is the limited recording time and no way to operate it remotely.

I've got some software which will record multiple webcams, so was going fo make some waterproof housings and fit one to the lightbar, one to the front bumper and one at the back looking forward underneath the truck. I can edit it all together later.

This was just to test the feasibility really. The laptop will also be running Memory Map fed by the GPS too so it will be pretty stressed out!

Might actually build a small PC into the truck somewhere!

Could you add captain Pugwash theme music?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                      Woooooooooow that looks loadsa fun, I had a play in the floods but it wasn't that deep - had the spray right over the bonnet and out up the side about 5 foot and then bottled it coz I wasn't sure how deep or fast I could go - first time in water. By the way how deep can I go......
                      Last edited by Bibs; 21 June 2007, 20:14.
                      How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Could you add captain Pugwash theme music?
                        Shock horror, I'm giving Vince a link

Pugwash
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

andy thats $$$$$$ brilliant.imagine the fun you could have with that.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
                            Woooooooooow that looks loadsa fun, I had a play in the floods but it wasn't that deep - had the spray right over the bonnet and out up the side about 5 foot and then bottled it coz I wasn't sure how deep or fast I could go - first time in water. By the way how deep can I go......
                            As standard you can go to the bottom of your headlamp but BE CAREFUL and TAKE IT EASY if you go that deep!

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                              andy thats $$$$$$ brilliant.imagine the fun you could have with that.
                              Well I'm hoping to fit several cams long term for different angles. Hopefully will make for some nice offroading video!

Comment

Working...
                              X