Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Head Day

Hi,

just had the bad news that alot of people told me i would eventually get. the cylinder head has cracked...... truck overheated yeaterday, coolant overflow cap burst off, pumping out steam. got to the garage and they have told me the cylinder head has cracked.
    oh well.....ive had the truck four years now and its been a great vehicle. i was going to sell it soon but now i guess i will have it repaired and keep it. a few questons i have are,

1. where is the best place to by the parts from to repair it. on the forum STEVEO is mentioned alot. how can i get his number??
    2. will it always be a problem now, or once repaired will it be as before??
    3. how much should it all cost to get fixed, my local garage have said around £1000 all in??

any help much appreciated........

there is a link for stevo at the top of the page refresh till you get it he does different deals if you just get the head and fit it your self or get your garage to fit it. or you could get the best option and get stevo to fit it. It should be better than before (apart from not being broke!!!) do a search and see what his other customers think there seem to be plenty of them on here!
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

thanks for the quick reply.

no joy with the link at top of page, tried refreshing loads.........

Comment

Originally posted by fearlessliving
        Hi,

just had the bad news that alot of people told me i would eventually get. the cylinder head has cracked...... truck overheated yeaterday, coolant overflow cap burst off, pumping out steam. got to the garage and they have told me the cylinder head has cracked.
        oh well.....ive had the truck four years now and its been a great vehicle. i was going to sell it soon but now i guess i will have it repaired and keep it. a few questons i have are,

1. where is the best place to by the parts from to repair it. on the forum STEVEO is mentioned alot. how can i get his number??
        2. will it always be a problem now, or once repaired will it be as before??
        3. how much should it all cost to get fixed, my local garage have said around £1000 all in??

any help much appreciated........
        http://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showth...ht=head+prices

How did the garage test for a cracked head, did they remove it or do a 'sniff' test? It may be that all is needed is a new thermostat or rad cap and a good flushing/burping. Ask to see evidence.

If the head has gone, once replaced you'll have no more worries.

Comment

anyone have a phone number or web address, none of the links are working for me............

Comment

anyone have a phone number or web address, none of the links are working for me............

Another option...

http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=11&cid=135

or click on Stevo's name to send him an Email or message.

Comment

0161-476-6144
              P.S You'll have to be quick as he's going on his Holidays.
              Last edited by marky; 20 June 2007, 16:14.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
              X