Whistling turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whistling turbo

Ive started to hear the Turbo Whistling at low revs, A couple of times I have messed up on the clutch and reved too hard and the turbo then kicks in with no power and does this throught all the gears then settles.

Is this a sign of problems to come??

Anyone else had this?

Mark

Originally posted by madcampbell
    Ive started to hear the Turbo Whistling at low revs, A couple of times I have messed up on the clutch and reved too hard and the turbo then kicks in with no power and does this throught all the gears then settles.

Is this a sign of problems to come??

Anyone else had this?

Mark
    its not as prob what you can hear is the turbo spooling up.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
      its not as prob what you can hear is the turbo spooling up.
      Thanks, Ive just never heard it before...then again I was on holiday with the family and the music was turned far too low at times!

Is that normal about messing up on the clutch and messing up the revs at the same time resulting in the turbo giving up ..lots of noise no power?

Comment

Thanks, Ive just never heard it before...then again I was on holiday with the family and the music was turned far too low at times!

Is that normal about messing up on the clutch and messing up the revs at the same time resulting in the turbo giving up ..lots of noise no power?
        as long as the green turbo light comes on and theres no orange check light everything should be fine.as for the gear change it just take a bit of getting use too.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

as long as the green turbo light comes on and theres no orange check light everything should be fine.as for the gear change it just take a bit of getting use too.
          Cheers bud, as for the gear change ....both times it was me dropping the clutch thinking I was in a sports car and actually hitting the throttle hard like it was going to make the surf rip away...NOT!

Comment

Cheers bud, as for the gear change ....both times it was me dropping the clutch thinking I was in a sports car and actually hitting the throttle hard like it was going to make the surf rip away...NOT!
            hahaha,strange that. mine rips away when i plant the throttle.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

hahaha,strange that. mine rips away when i plant the throttle.
              91,surf black,5.0 ltr 350 bhp nitros sniffing v8 ssr ..bugga

Comment

It's perfectly normal. One thing which can make it more audible is if there's a leak/hole in your front exhaust pipe, so may be worth checking that.

Comment

Working...
                X