I think I need my head looking at

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I need my head looking at

on my truck that is, unless there are any psychiatrists here. After installing my fuel heater everything ran well. However after a couple fo days I noticed much white smoke from the exhaust and the temp gauge went into the regions of uh-oh about 200 yards from home. Haven't had chance to look at since last week. Could anyone help?
    Hold my beer and watch this

Originally posted by captain_chaos
    on my truck that is, unless there are any psychiatrists here. After installing my fuel heater everything ran well. However after a couple fo days I noticed much white smoke from the exhaust and the temp gauge went into the regions of uh-oh about 200 yards from home. Haven't had chance to look at since last week. Could anyone help?
    bring it round one nite this week and ill do the gas test on it for you.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
      bring it round one nite this week and ill do the gas test on it for you.
      cheers mate, would tomorrow night be ok?

Comment

cheers mate, would tomorrow night be ok?
        um no.im out wednesday evenings.thursday should be fine though or friday.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
          um no.im out wednesday evenings.thursday should be fine though or friday.
          Thursday's ok for me. I've got all this week off, so anytime's ok with me. See you thursday evenight then.

Comment

Hi mate, sorry I've not got back to you, it needs testing to make sure, but does sound like its fawked. Hope you bled it properly after fitting the fuel heater! but was probably already slightly cracked, you got it hot on the Plains last time didn't you you?

Sounds like Mark will sort you out OK though, if not you need to get it up here.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              Hi mate, sorry I've not got back to you, it needs testing to make sure, but does sound like its fawked. Hope you bled it properly after fitting the fuel heater! but was probably already slightly cracked, you got it hot on the Plains last time didn't you you?

Sounds like Mark will sort you out OK though, if not you need to get it up here.

If it is buggered, what are my options to get it repaired?

Comment

If it is buggered, what are my options to get it repaired?
                New head ........but i was seriously looking at another truck when i overheated a while back
                A stevo head is £675 inc vat and carrage plus(cost/time) fitting , You may get a cheaper one elsewhere But it might not last

I would get it tested again and treble check that you have not caused a airlock

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31802
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                  New head ........but i was seriously looking at another truck when i overheated a while back
                  A stevo head is £675 inc vat and carrage plus(cost/time) fitting , You may get a cheaper one elsewhere But it might not last

I would get it tested again and treble check that you have not caused a airlock

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31802
                  got a feeling it is an air lock. Wouldn't it be cheeper to get a new engine? Maybe the 3 litre diesel? Or something even bigger

Comment

got a feeling it is an air lock. Wouldn't it be cheeper to get a new engine? Maybe the 3 litre diesel? Or something even bigger
                    A 3ltr diesel is alot of work to fit and you will need the ecu's aswell , there was a guy on the aus site doing it .
                    See mark about fitting a v8 and as for a second hand engine , one went on eblag for about £700 a while ago Then factor in the cost/time for fitting, and there is always the head queston again
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

A 3ltr diesel is alot of work to fit and you will need the ecu's aswell , there was a guy on the aus site doing it .
                      See mark about fitting a v8 and as for a second hand engine , one went on eblag for about £700 a while ago Then factor in the cost/time for fitting, and there is always the head queston again
                      well have to see how my head exam goes first.

Comment

The 3ltr mod link......... http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/enginetrans.htm
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

mmm tempting

Comment

sorry to hear your in trouble, hope its not the head and just something small. Thingers crossed John.

Comment

Originally posted by John McC
                              sorry to hear your in trouble, hope its not the head and just something small. Thingers crossed John.
                              well I was lucky the last time I got her a little too hot. Not sure if my luck will stretch to a second chance. If it does then I've got the best dam head gasket ever lol

Comment

Working...
                              X