Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yorshire floods

my nan is such a party pooper.
    we were on our way to bingo and there were signs 'road closed' and the road was flooded! i did explain that we would get through it, it wasnt that bad but she was having none of it!
    i tried to go round via another road, but she didnt know the way and ive never been there in my life.
    all we found was another flooded road, all you could see at the beginning of the road was the roof of the new shape mr2, and a bit further in, was a bedford rascal or a hi-ace or something... could only see the roof!

cant work out how they got there though. did they not realise that the road was filling up a bit>?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by tonyppe
    my nan is such a party pooper.
    we were on our way to bingo and there were signs 'road closed' and the road was flooded! i did explain that we would get through it, it wasnt that bad but she was having none of it!
    i tried to go round via another road, but she didnt know the way and ive never been there in my life.
    all we found was another flooded road, all you could see at the beginning of the road was the roof of the new shape mr2, and a bit further in, was a bedford rascal or a hi-ace or something... could only see the roof!

cant work out how they got there though. did they not realise that the road was filling up a bit>?
    many parts of Yorkshire flood very fast. The area around Ilkley and Otley have the wharfe running thru which is said to be the fastest rising river in the country.

We had a flood in Spofforth North Yorks, the next doors park bench at the bottom of the garden was completley submerged
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Working...
    X