Passenger window help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger window help

Got a call from my brother in law today calling for help cause his passenger window went down, but wouldn't go back up. I was at work so did the usual questions "check the door lock switch" ect. In the end I went round after work and had a look.
    I know that the switch is fine cause I tried it in my surf, also I took out and tested the motor (once again using my surf). I put a multimeter across the terminals expecting +12ve one way and -12ve the other, but only got -12ve.
    My sister has just informed me that the other day it would go up but not back down.
    I'm thinking possibly a break in the wiring going into the door, but I was wondering
    Has anyone else experianced this problem and if so how did they solve it?
    Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the windows (I can't find one inthe electrical section)?
    Or does anyone have any other ideas before I arrange to have her car to start a strip down and re-wire (which I really don't want to do).

Thanks for reading.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Sounds like you've got a break in the door loom. Can't remember exactly what's where, but the schematics are on one of these, somewhere.

ftp://ftp.bauchan.org/Toyota
    http://outgoing.bauchan.org/toyota_surf_tech/

Comment

Working...
    X