veg oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veg oil

is it possible to use straight cooking oil or as a mix with derv straight away, or do i have to do any mods, or add any additives, if its possible i can feel my loyalty card at the local supermarket getting full!!

cheers
    Non intercooled nothing.

Have a look at the "search" facility at the topmatey, there's absolutely tonnesof stuff on the subject.

Ferret
    "Canis Auxilio Servimus"

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
      is it possible to use straight cooking oil or as a mix with derv straight away, or do i have to do any mods, or add any additives, if its possible i can feel my loyalty card at the local supermarket getting full!!

cheers

No mods needed, just pour it and and drive. I would use a mix tho as your only on a single tank with no fuel heaters.. try a 50/50 mix first and then use more cooking oil to less diesel until you find that it runs smooth and starting is ok too. If you do this only using half your tank, if you find you dont like running on cooking oil you can then fill the tank up with diesel easily (15lt cooking oil/15lt diesel).

When the cooking oil cools overnight you may find the Surf a little "lumpy" for the first few mins in the morning.

Oh, and dont forget to register with Customs and Excise (see here http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...ent#P205_22025)

Welcome to cooking oil motoring
      -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

i have just put 30l of tesco's finest in mine and i don't have a seperate tank or heater and i normally run a good 90% oil in mine and it is fine starting and running
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I run on 30% veg in winter/cooler months and up it to 60% in summer months.
          I get 20lt drums from makro and add either 1 or 2 (depending on time of year) to an almost empty tank (fuel light flashing) and top up with derv.
          I have one tank but have added an old combi boiler heat exchanger under the bonnet to heat the fuel ( about 65'c) before the filter. See pic
          This doesn't help on cold starts but I have found it helps to run smoother once warm.
          Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
            Oh, and dont forget to register with Customs and Excise (see here http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...ent#P205_22025)
            Or not as the case may be. Although, there is still some discussion as to whether veg is included as Biofuel or not.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

veg oil

Originally posted by Slugsie
              Or not as the case may be. Although, there is still some discussion as to whether veg is included as Biofuel or not.

thanx all am just about to go ad get 50 litres from cash and carry(do u reckon the vat man will get annoyed if i claim vat back on it)!!

cheers all
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Vat isn't charged on veg oil its classed as a food not as a luxury.

Comment

Working...
                X