Yokohama Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yokohama Tyres

Anyone know where to buy a set of Yokohama Geolander A/T-S tyres? Has anyone got them fitted to their truck? If so, what are they like???

Got to get some before I put the old girl in for her test.

Cheers

Try one of these

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/start.html

http://www.formula4.co.uk/products/P...FQakXgodzV9hyA

I think they're great but then again they came with the truck & I can't be bothered changing
    Onwards Binky

Comment

I've got AT +II, looks like the same tread pattern. Good on the road and capable off road, only failed at driving out of a slushy rut so had to back up and turn around.

I'll be changing for BFG MT's though, getting a quote on Monday and hopefully fitted Friday.

I was going to ebay them, they've got about 6mm left. Want to try part worns before going new?
      Wax on, wax off

Comment

Hey thanks guys. Just called Formula 4. They have five in stock. Going to cost a shade just over £400 for 5.

I'm going to pop down my local tyre fitters and see how much they would charge me for valve, balance and fitting to see if it's going to be a fair price. I did enquire at ATS as they do a 25% discount for 4 or more tyres. I can get 5 BFG A/T's for the same money, but that would include valve, balance and fitting but the tyres would be a different size, 31/10.5/15

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy
          I've got AT +II, looks like the same tread pattern. Good on the road and capable off road, only failed at driving out of a slushy rut so had to back up and turn around.

I'll be changing for BFG MT's though, getting a quote on Monday and hopefully fitted Friday.

I was going to ebay them, they've got about 6mm left. Want to try part worns before going new?

Thanks for the offer mate, but I'm going to go new as i don't want to go through the hassle of new valves and balance in a years time.

Comment

No worries, hope you enjoy them.
            Wax on, wax off

Comment

I put Yoko A/T+II's on mine a few years ago. Great tyre - good on wet tarmac and good off road. Only problem was that they didn't last very long as they're quite soft. The tread isn't as deep in the middle as it is on the shoulders, and once they'd worn quite a bit they weren't very good off road.
              I've now got Bridgestone Dueller A/T 694's. Just as good as the Yoko's on and off-road but are lasting a lot better. I'd definitly recommend them over the Yoko's.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                I put Yoko A/T+II's on mine a few years ago. Great tyre - good on wet tarmac and good off road. Only problem was that they didn't last very long as they're quite soft. The tread isn't as deep in the middle as it is on the shoulders, and once they'd worn quite a bit they weren't very good off road.
                I've now got Bridgestone Dueller A/T 694's. Just as good as the Yoko's on and off-road but are lasting a lot better. I'd definitly recommend them over the Yoko's.

Nice one. I will check out the pictures to see what the tread looks like. Cheers dude.

By the way I need 265/70R/15 Is that what size yours are in. Thats one reason for the Yoko, as I can get them in the size I want.

Comment

Coopers STT..............Mmmmmmmmm nice.
                  Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

too soft

dont bother . great on the road but ive had a chocolate bar that lasted longer than these boots . very soft compound . cost me over 400 quid .
                    black n tan
                    black n tan
                    yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

I'll let you know how I get on with them when I've done some miles, but they get very good reviews on a lot of Oz sites when used for outback trekking.
                      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                        Nice one. I will check out the pictures to see what the tread looks like. Cheers dude.

By the way I need 265/70R/15 Is that what size yours are in. Thats one reason for the Yoko, as I can get them in the size I want.
                        Good question, mine's a 3rd gen and the std tyre size is 265/70R16.

Just had a quick look on their website - according to this PDF document, they do do them in 265/70R15.

Comment

Originally posted by slydog
                          dont bother . great on the road but ive had a chocolate bar that lasted longer than these boots . very soft compound . cost me over 400 quid .

Which tyre are you referring to Slydog? The 694's or the Yoko's??
                          Last edited by M35A2; 18 June 2007, 16:33.

Comment

Yoko's, if i remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
                            X