And we're back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm none the wiser !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just won't see it Comin !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Well done everyone on getting the forum back up.

It's nice to be back. Out of curiosity, where does everyone go when the forum is down?
      Which Wychwood would you choose?

Comment

Hi all.

Because of the attack I have had to take the main site down and just leave it as the Forum while I investigate the security holes. I will get the other functionality - Chat, gallery etc etc... back as soon as possible however it may end up in a different format.

Anyway sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

I just sit looking at my blank screen for days at a time, waiting for something to happen.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

It's good to be back .......although i was enjoying playing at matt's
            thanks again tho koi and lucky for their hard work

Oh and the mud club and the oz site have had minor problems too
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
              DoS attack = Denial of Service...this might help others comes with pics that made it easy for me..

http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/~ddosvax/talks/ddos_td.pdf
              Still didn't make much sense. Could it be explained through the medium of glove puppets perhaps?
              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

A Denial Of Service attack means basically someone of less then decent manners running a programme which floods a site and fills up it's capacity for doing anything - like running thousands of requests all at once, the server runs out of memory, bandwidth etc and no-one can basicallay use it. what we had was some B****rd hacked the site, loaded up an application which sent out a DOS attack on someone else. This is why I have had to take down the other functionality on the site as I am pretty sure that the forum software has enough security in it to stop this happening but there must have been a security hole in one of the other files that allowed the git to load up the malicious files.

Hope that this makes sense, in any case I have plugged the hole.

And just for the record, if I ever find the git that did it, he will be wearing his wedding tackle up his nose and his arms up his a*se.

Comment

nice to be back cheers admin ,errrrr i aint been blamed yet
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                    A Denial Of Service attack means basically someone of less then decent manners running a programme which floods a site and fills up it's capacity for doing anything - like running thousands of requests all at once, the server runs out of memory, bandwidth etc and no-one can basicallay use it. what we had was some B****rd hacked the site, loaded up an application which sent out a DOS attack on someone else. This is why I have had to take down the other functionality on the site as I am pretty sure that the forum software has enough security in it to stop this happening but there must have been a security hole in one of the other files that allowed the git to load up the malicious files.

Hope that this makes sense, in any case I have plugged the hole.

And just for the record, if I ever find the git that did it, he will be wearing his wedding tackle up his nose and his arms up his a*se.
                    dam, thanks for clearing things up though. Guess there's no way of tracing the hacker then? And I'll be up for helping to rearange the hacker's body parts
                    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Probably be some overseas bleeder, the ba$tards
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Yep, well done guys!

Maybe there should be a compulsory £10 P/A membership so the admins can afford the mutha of all 'fort knox' style servers?
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by hobgoblin

It's nice to be back. Out of curiosity, where does everyone go when the forum is down?
                          Some of the guys go here in their time of need

Home from home

and some even go here Blimey

Good to see the forum up and running again
                          Last edited by smiffy; 14 June 2007, 19:07.
                          www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Originally posted by hobgoblin

There's a couple of places,
                            http://hiluxsurf.eu/forum/index.php
                            http://bauchan.org/forum/index.php
                            http://com1.runboard.com/b4x4toys
                            Maurice
                            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

oops
                              How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Wey hey

Have I missed you lot

Went away to the TT got back and you'd all gone - thought ya might be tryin to tell me summat. Luckily I found Woodzi on the Aussi site and he directed me to the other place you all go.

Nice one for gettin it back up an runnin - Ise gonna subscribe ASAP and hopefully other newbies may follow to help buy that mother of all security

How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Working...
                                X