Start saving the pennies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start saving the pennies

Found the new 2003 model Surf. Looks like it's on sale inthe good old USA but doubt if we will see it over here
    Attached Files
    '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Originally posted by Jonnyboy
    Found the new 2003 model Surf. Looks like it's on sale inthe good old USA but doubt if we will see it over here
    dont get my vote , dont like it, i think they have spoilt the shape, 2nd gen for me best shape of the lot in a few years time you will not hardly be able to tell the difference in different models apart from the badge
    Last edited by gemini; 12 September 2003, 13:50.
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Actually launched late last year, for 2003 model year.

Only problems are its lost the drop down tailgate and even worse I believe its lost the seperate chassis, what next ? Front wheel drive or some other monstrosity. Not for me.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr

Only problems are its lost the drop down tailgate and even worse I believe its lost the seperate chassis, what next ? Front wheel drive or some other monstrosity. Not for me.
        front wheel drivedismantle half the car to change the clutch
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

I think it needs a two tone paint job to look it's best. Agree that the 2nd gen is the best shape.

Even that is out of my price league though. Good thing my old '94 is so good!
          '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

I think it needs a two tone paint job to look it's best. Agree that the 2nd gen is the best shape.

Even that is out of my price league though. Good thing my old '94 is so good!
            you'll need big deep pockets with a motor like that because it will be a main dealer job if anything goes wrong, it needs £20,000 worth of computer to tell you what it is
            [size=5][/size]

Comment

Well folks I don't want to be the fly in your oinkment [for a stye in your eye] but I like it. I admit that the loss of a separate chassis is sad, but I like the shape.
              John
              http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

I agree with Silver Surfer. I've seen many of these in the USA on my travels and I like the shape. I'll leave the mechanical / technical side of things to you chaps to voice your opinions on!

cheryl
                xx

Comment

Originally posted by Morr

I didn't like the drop down tailgate,that's why I bought a '96 model.