Future Fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Fuel

Program on 5 possible future fuels for vehicles tonight at 8pm (10 mins from now) on ITV1.

Tony

No chance mate when wife and 2 teenage girls are nuts on East Enders.

I have just finished cutting grass with a flymower took me 3 day's and lot's of extensions. still didn't find the keys inthe lawn though.

There's always tommorrow.

Cheers JB
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Why has my computer slowed down?

Anyone know why my computer is getting slower keep dumping all the wed history like visiting the utube stuff I find on here. It still getting slower also when left for 10 mins or so mouse arrow works but nothing moves so I have to keep resetting the dam thing.

Cheers JB

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1
        Anyone know why my computer is getting slower keep dumping all the wed history like visiting the utube stuff I find on here. It still getting slower also when left for 10 mins or so mouse arrow works but nothing moves so I have to keep resetting the dam thing.

Cheers JB
        sounds like youve picked up a trojan.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Dam should have been on a new thread it's because the things so $$$$$$ slow. I'm on broad band windows xp remember I'm new to this computer stuff scares me.

Comment

I've got AGV thought that should have stopped all that also run a thing called $$$$ cleaner. every few day's.

Is this going to be expensive.

Cheers JB

Comment

I've got AGV thought that should have stopped all that also run a thing called $$$$ cleaner. every few day's.

Is this going to be expensive.

Cheers JB
              try downloading a programme called spybot search and destroy.its free from here. www.downloads.com just type spybot in the searchbar.im not saying it is a trojan just that it could be.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Beware this one ......if you got it you've had it.........
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Highlander, have you got a shortcut button to lauch media player? My works laptop got a short in the button that kept launching WMP. We kept scanning for bugs, but the problem was mechanical!
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Have you used the disk defragmenter lately? use it at last once a week.
                    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Cheers JB
                      Must be some reason why you've highjacked my thread but c'est la vie!
                      Program wasn't a lot of cop anyway!

Blimey! You seem to having almost as much bad luck as me!
                      Could well be a trojan or virus of some kind. I've never found AVG to be that good personally and now only use Norton Internet Security Suite.
                      I use Spybot and is a good back up as suggested. Finds bits that all security suites can miss. I also use Ad-aware, also free download.

You might want to check your temp file in case it's full and not set for auto delete. How big is your cache file and your virtual memory? You might want to make them larger and empty your cache.

Have you got enough free ram? Is your video card working too hard with watching some video programs?

When did you last defragment your hard drive(s)?

What I'm saying, it could be so many things and is difficult to diagnose using this method of communication.

Start with the troubleshooting basics and work your way through it.

Just a few thoughts.
                      Regards.
                      Last edited by TOYOTATONY; 8 June 2007, 22:19.

Comment

windows xp auto defrags the hard drive sometimes... i hate computers. my work one was doing exactly what you have described today
                        just do some maintenance on it. if you leave it on all the time you can schedule it to do it by itself over night
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Cheers guys I ran the Agv but it found nothing. Just everythings so slow and when I move the arrow to an icon or whatever it won't make it work.

Leave computer for 5 minutes and it freezes.

I tried downloading some anti virus stuff a few weeks ago and got hammered with baloons for malware wiped and all sorts of $$$$ took me hours to get rid of them. The wanted me to pay before I could do anything B****ds should be locked up.

I'm not sure about the media player thing or how to turn it off if it's on auto.

Cheers Sorry for wrecking the thread on future fuel I meant to post a new one.

Regards JB

Comment

Used the disc fragmenter didn't do very much computer says I have 47% free space.

I have lot's of pictures on it I'd like to put them onto a 100 GB external drive but don't have the know how. Its 98% free space.

Deleted lots of pictures and things have improved very very slightly.

Cheers JB

Comment

I presume by external drive you mean a hard drive in an external case connected by USB cable. If so, you should just be able to copy and paste the photos on to the new drive or even "drag & drop".

However, easiest way probably is to open "My Computer" from the Start menu, then navigate to the drive the photos are stored on (presumably the "C" drive), double click on that drive and find the Folder that the photos are stored in. Then open the folder and click on the photos you want to move. Doing this should open a Files & Folder Tasks pane on the left of the screen. Click on "Copy These files to" and that will open a new window. Navigate down the list shown to the drive you want to move them to, click on it to high-light the new drive then click "copy" below in that window.

Then close down the opened My Computer window. Then open again and navigate to the new drive, click to open it and navigate through to find the photos. Click on them to open them to make sure they are there, then you can go back to the old ("C"?) drive and delete the copy of the photos on there if you don't need two copies.
                              Mike G

Comment

Working...
                              X