Series III Sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series III Sold

Well, I have now sold my Series III after 12 years of ownership. It has been stored for the last 9 years in a garage.

I went to the garage I keep it in yesterday to get it out for the guy to look at. I haven't started the engine in 4 YEARS (2286cc 5 bearing petrol). After putting 10lts of fresh petrol in one of her tanks, taking the fuel line off the carb and priming the system to flush the old petrol out, puting half a pint of petrol straight down the carb, turning her over, removing plugs, turning over again, clean and fit plugs, remove dizzy cap and leads and spraying with silicone spray she fired up after 30 seconds. Running sweet as a nut after 4 years idle.

The guy came round and snapped her up. I've took a deposit and he is coming back in 2 weeks to trailer her to Kent.

It will be a sad day when she goes, I was a young bloke when I bought her and have many fond memories. It will be like leaving an old friend.

The guy said he will send some photos when he has finished doing her up. So I hope he looks after her?

Landys are good for that..

How much did you get for it, if you dont mind me asking?

I sold my S3 last year to a guy in Germany who flew over and drove it back.

-=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

It was dry stored for 9 years. It has a fantastic engine, running gear and chassis (new on release).

I just haven't got the time to do her up. I let her go for £700 with no tax or mot obviously. The parts are worth more on their own. I fitted a brand new clutch, clutch master cylinder and clutch slave cylinder just before storage. So he has got a very good deal. But you can get one with a years tax and test for £1,200, so not done too bad I suppose.

I'm going to use the money to buy a new set of tyres for my Surf.

Comment

Not a bad price at all. I think mine went for only £1k with mot and tax.

My mate has just sold his S2a (rolling wreck) for £400, so there is still money to be had in the good old Landys.

Hey, we will get shot on here for talking Landys you know..
        -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
          Not a bad price at all. I think mine went for only £1k with mot and tax.

My mate has just sold his S2a (rolling wreck) for £400, so there is still money to be had in the good old Landys.

Hey, we will get shot on here for talking Landys you know..

Yeah I know. £400 for a rolling wreck?? I feel short changed now!!

Considering I paid £1,500 for it 12 years ago, and still got £700 with no tax or mot (and it will need about £2-300 spending on it not including tax and mot) I suppose I can't complain. See if a Surf will do that in a similar situation??

Comment

Working...
          X