Rear window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window

Help I'm going camping tonight but my rear window has decided to play up. With the tailgate down I push the locks to closed and the window closes a few inches then stops when the tailgate is closed (upright position) the window will only move when pulled. If I try to open it the motor goes but the window stays still when I run it for a few seconds I can then push the window down a couple of inches eventually getting all the way down. The motor sounds ok and I've lubed all I can see but nothing is happening has anyone got any idea what the problem may be.

the motor internals will have broken away, there's a rubber bush or something that comes away from another part of the motor, cheap fix - dismantle the motor and glue the two bits back together, easy fix - go to a s$$$$yard and extract a moto from a similaR AGE CELICA OR CORROLLA OR PRETTY MUCH ANY TOYOTA, pass side motors are exactly the same as the tailgate one, drivers side have to be rotated 180 degrees and fitted upside down. The wiring plugs may also need swapping over.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Originally posted by Leodis
      Help I'm going camping tonight but my rear window has decided to play up. With the tailgate down I push the locks to closed and the window closes a few inches then stops when the tailgate is closed (upright position) the window will only move when pulled. If I try to open it the motor goes but the window stays still when I run it for a few seconds I can then push the window down a couple of inches eventually getting all the way down. The motor sounds ok and I've lubed all I can see but nothing is happening has anyone got any idea what the problem may be.
      Had the same prob a while back mate. Take the motor out and open it up, you should see a big white plastic cog. Drill a couple of holes through this cog into the black rubber clutch behind it and put a couple of self tappers through to hold the two parts together and with a bit of luck it should work again. Bushwacker had a thread with some photos a while back, ask him nice and he may post em again.

Spoggle

Comment

Working...
      X