help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed

hi guys is there anyone who is used to working on surfs mainly a k reg 93 ssr-x 2.4 auto based in the bury manchester area what im trying to find out is just how much has been changed to lower my truck so i can get a good idea of what is needed to put back to stock and then at some point a poss lift as the ride is really hard and i think the coils / shocks need replacing

any help would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

jon

Why don't you just put some landcruser springs on, get some pro comps and do the lift when fixing your lowered truck problem.

Why they get lowered is beyond me.

If you search the site you can find the measurements from center of hub to the arch so you can see how low it is and see how high it will be when you fix it!!! There is loads of info on here on how to do the lift too!!
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by BAV1
      hi guys is there anyone who is used to working on surfs mainly a k reg 93 ssr-x 2.4 auto based in the bury manchester area what im trying to find out is just how much has been changed to lower my truck so i can get a good idea of what is needed to put back to stock and then at some point a poss lift as the ride is really hard and i think the coils / shocks need replacing

any help would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

jon

Got any side-on photos of your truck?

Comment

your not gonna be mean are you?
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

hi jon am only 2 miles from u , am in heywood, av got a mate that does about 6 surfs aswell as mine, and he is honest as the days long, and he is only in heywood, he will do lifts if u get the gear, he has just put some milner plus 20% on my truck an what a difference it made. al give u his num, if u want.

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
            your not gonna be mean are you?

Nope, I just wanna see if it's been lowered or just sagged.

Comment

hi vince!! i think av seen it and it has been lowered , if its the one an thinkin of, the tops of the wheels are in the arches, an i think it was blue.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Got any side-on photos of your truck?
                here you go mate but looks like a pimp mobile at the moment

the last pick is what im working towards bit by bit but need to soften this ride as missus has a bad back is threatening changing car i think divorce would come before that lol

any advise gratfully received

thanks in advance
                as i said i could do with comfirmation of what exactly has been done underneath

Comment

Originally posted by joymic
                  hi jon am only 2 miles from u , am in heywood, av got a mate that does about 6 surfs aswell as mine, and he is honest as the days long, and he is only in heywood, he will do lifts if u get the gear, he has just put some milner plus 20% on my truck an what a difference it made. al give u his num, if u want.
                  yes please mate do you live opposite the park where the bonfire usually is ?

ta

Comment

here you go mate but looks like a pimp mobile at the moment

the last pick is what im working towards bit by bit but need to soften this ride as missus has a bad back is threatening changing car i think divorce would come before that lol

any advise gratfully received

thanks in advance
                    as i said i could do with comfirmation of what exactly has been done underneath

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Well it's definitely been lowered then!
                    The wheels are OK so they can stay, maybe get some 31/10.5/r15 tyres to fill the arches better, then standard or uprated springs plus new +2" shocks all round ready for future lifts, then crank the torsion bars up at the front to bring it all back to factory stance.
                    Then change the bumpers for the standard chrome ones or some second hand ones painted black, but for now cut the skirts off the present bumpers.

p.s. the previous owner isn't from south Wales are they? I'm sure I've seen that truck near my town.
                    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 7 June 2007, 23:18.

Comment

That looks like a 2nd gen, in which case they may have fitted shorter rear springs and wound down the front torsion bars.

The most expensive bit will be getting rid of that body kit, and replacing the original chrome bumper sets.

The surf in the last pic has been lifted, so that will cost about £500 more ( at a guess)

You could always sell it and buy one thats already done, maybe cheaper in the long run.
                      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Oh dear, oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Well it's definitely been lowered then!
                        The wheels are OK so they can stay, maybe get some 31/10.5/r15 tyres to fill the arches better, then standard or uprated springs plus new +2" shocks all round ready for future lifts, then crank the torsion bars up at the front to bring it all back to factory stance.
                        Then change the bumpers for the standard chrome ones or some second hand ones painted black, but for now cut the skirts off the present bumpers.

p.s. the previous owner isn't from south Wales are they? I'm sure I've seen that truck near my town.
                        hi mate thats what i was thinking under the skirt there are side steps and chrome bumpers

so you think the rims are ok

will i need to replace all shock etc

any idea how much with tyres

cheers jon

Comment

I would replace shocks in pairs at least. go for ES3000 as the 9000 are very firm.

All depends on your choice of tyres etc.

A set of tyres from £200-£500

Wheels £200 and up

Suspesion lift etc---how high do you wanna go? £500 and up.

If you take the side steps off it makes it look higher
                          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

hi mate thats what i was thinking under the skirt there are side steps and chrome bumpers

so you think the rims are ok

will i need to replace all shock etc

any idea how much with tyres

cheers jon
                            Some tyres from here....

http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=11&cid=229

Or if you don't mind remoulds......
                            http://www.sowdentyres.co.uk/cheap-4x4-tyres.html

I've had Colway mud tyres before and they're fine.

Hard to say about the shocks, but I'm guessing they're the originals and will probably want changing now any way.

If you have the original shocks with the hard/soft settings, you should be able to hear the click from the top of the shocks when you flick the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                              All depends on your choice of tyres etc.

A set of tyres from £200-£500

Wheels £200 and up

Suspesion lift etc---how high do you wanna go? £500 and up.

If you take the side steps off it makes it look higher
                              not that bothered about lift at the mo just undoing the things that have been done

what do think the chunkiest tryes would be and any idea where from

ta

Comment

Working...
                              X