X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod set to jam sat navs

This is an article from another forum for sat navs

MoD set to block sat nav systems

People in Cornwall have been warned satellite navigation systems will not work later this week as the Ministry of Defence carry out a jamming exercise.

The aim of the GPS blocking exercise is to find out how interference could affect military personnel. It will take place on Thursday and Friday.

The MoD said its Portreath base would be the base.

The effect will extend for a radius of 11 km (7 miles) which would cover Camborne and Redruth.

"Although GPS provides highly accurate information, the radio signals from the satellite are extremely weak and are susceptible to both jamming and unintentional radio interference," said the MOD in a statement.

"The trials are taking place to better understand these effects on military equipment and therefore will help to protect our forces."

An MOD spokesman said all the emergency services which might use the systems have been informed and if an emergency is under way, the MOD can suspend the trial.

All ambulances are fitted with satellite navigation and in a statement, South Western ambulance service said it was aware of the jamming exercise and that key staff had been informed.

Falmouth Coastguard said it had also been told.
    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Woodzie posted this on the 4th

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34212

I'm sure somebody will be along soon to talk about fines/IOTW etc
    Onwards Binky

Comment

Hehe, reposts are a finable/IOTW offence! Shows lack of searching or lack of paying attention to the board.

That said, good on' them, the minute the M3 jams up, our village is awash with people staring at their satnavs blocking up the roads, I've pulled people out of local greenlanes and deep fords cos the little voice told them it was a road.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

spotted and nominated http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=34106&page=2
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos

My excuse is that i have to be up at stupid o clock so you lot can have bread for your supper so i dont get a lot of time between sleeping to go scouring the posts
          Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
            My excuse is that i have to be up at stupid o clock so you lot can have bread for your supper so i dont get a lot of time between sleeping to go scouring the posts
            Te He stupid o clock wont cut it this time your going DOWN my son
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

Working...
            X