4wd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wd

Replaced a joint in the drive shaft today. Before I got the shaft back on, my better half decided she had to go into town. No problem, I thought. 4WD will get us there and back on front wheel drive only. Popped it into low ratio to get off the ramps........and....nothing! Pushed in the button and that worked OK. Drove into town and back no problem in high ratio. I had always thought that low ratio automatically put it into 4WD. Why did it not do this??
    Last edited by Andy1; 6 June 2007, 17:11.

Somebody clever will pop in soon and answer that, but meantime, are you aware that you should not be using 4wd on normal road surfaces. You have no centre diff and on surfaces where all the wheels have a good grip ( like a normal road) you can damage transmission components, diffs and things by using 4wd. I hope it was a short, reasonably straight run into town.

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

I think he was saying that the rear prop shaft was removed ..........mudsurfer did oxford to poole using 4wd to drive the front wheels only to no ill effect

The problem happens when driving all 4 wheels together
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Correct. Prop shaft had been removed.

Andy

Comment

Slinks off into a corner, hanging his head. Reminder to self, read carefully

Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus

We all do it ....just hope that trev don't find this thread
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie

We all do it ....just hope that trev don't find this thread
              no but I have http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34106
              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus

It happens to us all, but I did laugh at your answer.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

in answer to the question i think there is a connector off somewhere do a search for 2wd in lo ratio. i think this is the thread http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...&highlight=2wd

Comment

Working...
                  X