Noob saying hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surferjess
    Funny Coincidence me Nan used to live near Forest Town, (Clipstone)
    Good ol days ...

There's always a Payback .... Ya just won't see em Comin !!!!
    Yep good ol clipstone, it was famous for its mining!
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

tell you what give me the legnum and say two grand and ill give you stein.hows that sound.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by oneidadan
        Hello everyone, i've been thinking about getting a surf sometime soon, wanted to try a little green laning or offroading plus hopefully i'll actually save money on fuel compared to the car I have now
        At the minute i've got a mitsubishi legnum which is pretty much the perfect car if it weren't for the petrol consumption which can get as low as 10mpg if your right foot gets heavy.
        Haven't actually driven a surf yet or been in one, will have to find a garage and pretend to be interested in one as I haven't sold my present car yet so I can't afford one.
        It was a toss up between a mitsubishi challenger and the hilux but i think i'll go with the hilux because there seems to be more around, so I can have a bit more choice in the one I get.

Already had a good look around the forum and it seems to be a great place to find information (especially because I probably would have banged it into 4wd as soon as I got it and then wreck the transmission )
        Thanks for reading and hopefully i'll be joining you soon
        Dan

From one Mansfield lad to another, "Allrate youth"??
        Nice to see a local on the site. Theres plenty of surfs around here (Mansfield) but i dont know any owners. Nice to hear your wife is getting up for it, im still trying to convince mine that off-roading is a right blast.
        When you get ya ride give me a shout and we can have a meet. Im nipping up the Desert in the next few days to see if its true that they have made it legal now. If so im going to sort a off-road day and post it on here.
        I went to Belper at the weekend on a off-road camp out, what a place, the next meet is next month, if you can get youll love it. Im in the middle of editing the vid footage of it, ill post a link later on in the week.

Oh! by the way, im up Westfield Lane way.

Comment

I'm afraid the legnum doesn't have quite that much BHP. It's more like 280 as standard. They say that 400-450BHP is the highest you can go with our cars as there's not that many aftermarket parts designed for them. They are sort of a hybrid between a FTO a Galant and an Evo. the prefacelift legnums were 260BHP and mines a facelift so it's 280BHP. Will get to 60 in just under 6 seconds, awesome launch from the 4 wheel drive and lightning fast gearchanges from the auto box, plus the facelift hub carriers are the same as the evos so I managed to get some 4 pot Brembo calipers from an evo 6 which makes it stop fairly sharpish. It's priceless seeing so called sporty cars having their butts whooped away from the lights by a big automatic estate car
          The surfenstein is a brilliant car and it'd be very tempting but it looks like you've put in so much work that i don't think i'd fully appreciate everything on it, plus the swap to the hilux is supposed to save me money on fuel and that beast looks like it might be a bit thirsty (awesome car though )
          The pit at clipstone is a bit depressing now, since it closed down, they've not really done anything with it so it's just been vandalised.
          The post office at the junction between eakring road and oaktree closed down a while ago and it's now a property management place or something like that.
          Magnum Force; Allreet yoof! Hope the desert is legal now, there's also that ground behind toray just off the forest town bypass road that i've seen people on. The council should set up an off road place and perhaps lease out some burger van spots for weekends, and make some money off the things rather than just letting them sit there as waste ground but me thinks that'll never happen.

Comment

How odd:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27914

You're not Martin in disguise trying to sneak back in are you?

Comment

Originally posted by slim
              Yep good ol clipstone, it was famous for its mining!
              Any ya locals remember Garabaldi Road & the Pond ?
              45+ years ago, wouldda made an ideal Offroading Course them, spoze it's a Housing estate now !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just don't know ya Born !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
                Any ya locals remember Garabaldi Road & the Pond ?
                45+ years ago, wouldda made an ideal Offroading Course them, spoze it's a Housing estate now !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just don't know ya Born !!!!
                U talking about vickers pond then?

i do remember garabaldi road and the school! being from sherwood hall we used to fight each other all the time.
                CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

I can remember Garabaldi road/track, but as an outsider I just associated it as Garabaldi Pond, can't remember what the local Lads called it but it coulda been Vickers pond !!!! if thats were they used to run cross county races....

There's always a Payback .... When ya older ya memory's $hit !!!!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

I know i've resurected an old post but, I bought a surf yesterday and I thought i'd say hello again.
                    I've gone for a 3litre turbo diesel with a manual gearbox. It's got 85,000 miles on it Had to go to Wales to pick it up though.
                    will post some piccies of it in the pictures forum tomorrow
                    thanks
                    Dan

Comment

Originally posted by oneidadan View Post
                      I know i've resurected an old post but, I bought a surf yesterday and I thought i'd say hello again.
                      I've gone for a 3litre turbo diesel with a manual gearbox. It's got 85,000 miles on it Had to go to Wales to pick it up though.
                      will post some piccies of it in the pictures forum tomorrow
                      thanks
                      Dan
                      good man,and welcome!

Comment

welcome to the 3l club mate and let the mod begin
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Seems to be a good time to by joining and buying a Surf. I only just bought one myself.

Comment

cool, thanks guys, i've been really happy so far, thought i'd miss the speed of my other car more than I am. Just got to hope someone buys my old car now. does anyone want to buy a cheap Legnum?

Comment

Originally posted by oneidadan View Post
                              cool, thanks guys, i've been really happy so far, thought i'd miss the speed of my other car more than I am. Just got to hope someone buys my old car now. does anyone want to buy a cheap Legnum?
                              oh i like those!,why u gettin rid?10mpg?lol

Comment

yar it's a great car, but the surf seems like a prius compared to the legnum. I remember the first time I drove it home from Bidlington, the fuel guage was going down so fast that I actually pulled over, got out and looked under the car to see if there was a fuel leak.
                                Will really hate to see it go, but saying that i'm really liking the Hilux so it won't be too bad to see it go.
                                I'll have to do some resarch on diesel engines and 4x4s because when I think about stuff, the more I realise I don't know anything about them, but it's quite exciting.

Comment

Working...
                                X