• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERY cool site!!!

http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdat...region=England

and

http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdat...ing/index.html

Means you can keep track of where the ISS is at any time, and get the best viewing times to see it screaming across the sky at 17500mph. Friday evening looks good for the UK. If there's still some light in the sky it should look like a very bright star. If you see it, take a moment to think that there's human beings up there. Awesome!

There's also a shuttle launch in the early hours this Friday. It was on the pad when I visited last weekend.

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

I'm going to dig out my diving compass and see if I can spot the station this week.. have always wondered if you could see it from earth as well.. cheers for this.
    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

if you look up in the sky, you will see these tiny dots can be any colour and they move accross. they are not stars. ive been told they are sattelites, but i thought they were all in geostationary?
      i love space and pretty much anything about it. i watched one of the launch cameras a little while ago, and you see the earth from space and then the camera come crashing back to earth in the sea (it was on one of the boosters)
      did you see the sky at night this month?
      i have my own theory about black holes too. but like what you read in books that are printed to this day - my theory wont ever be proven either. but least mine is more logical. i think so anyway
      i like how they are focusing their efforts on finding earth like planets now
      and ive now learnt that because of one of mars rovers has a broken wheel, its scratching the surface as it drives and it has found sillica. they said this is hard proof that mars once had a liquid water surface!
      where has all the water gone though?
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
        ............they said this is hard proof that mars once had a liquid water surface! where has all the water gone though?

Global warming!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Global warming!
          do you think so? i thought that its gravity would of kept the 'steam' in still.
          there are worse planets with worse global warming than ours. look at Venus!
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Lots of satellites aren't geosynchronous.

Comms satellites usually are as it's useful to not have to keep moving the grounstation antenna! However, weather satellites *can* move, and mapping, and nefarious types!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdat...region=England

and

http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdat...ing/index.html

Means you can keep track of where the ISS is at any time, and get the best viewing times to see it screaming across the sky at 17500mph. Friday evening looks good for the UK. If there's still some light in the sky it should look like a very bright star. If you see it, take a moment to think that there's human beings up there. Awesome!

There's also a shuttle launch in the early hours this Friday. It was on the pad when I visited last weekend.

Nice Pic of the launch pad M8 !

Now that I've got my Digital Sony 35mm I tried a minolta 300mm lens like a prat I didn't take the shot but you could actually make out individual nav lights on the station will be on the look out friday will have to go to the end of the village as too much light pollution
              Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Tonight at 11.15 should be a good time to see it, depending on the amout of cloud.

Comment

Just been out for a look, too much cloud. Maybe Friday.

Blows my mind to think there's people up there now.

Fridays launch is being shown live on NASA TV.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html

Comment

Just seen it going over, doesn't hang about.

Comment

Lucky bugger. We've got cloud here.

Schedule for Friday. (All GMT so add an hour)

17:30 - coverage begins
                      23:38 - launch
                      23:46 - MECO

I'll be staying up

Comment

any of you watch 'the sky at night'?
                        nasa tv looked interesting, until i watched it and it was like a sesame street type channel..
                        im too tired and warm to go out lol 35x telescope is in the loft too..

(35x... WOW! its like just a tiny bit better than binoculars! )
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

There's 3 NASA TV Channels. One is a kids one. Guess which one you were watching

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                            There's 3 NASA TV Channels. One is a kids one. Guess which one you were watching
                            dammit! bl00dy blonde moment
                            i watch it online on tvu-networks.com you get all sorts of usa tv channels.
                            you have to get up very early to catch letterman though. its on california time
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Bit too fast I got a perfect shot of CONIFERS !!! Try again tonight though cloudy at the moment
                              Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Working...
                              X