Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radiator

evening all

does anyone know off a reputable garage near to hastings that can fit my new rad.i cant get a trailer, but can drive about 25 miles or so till my temp repair gives up.any help would be much appreciated
    Non intercooled nothing.

Hi, I'm afraid I don't know of any good garages in your locale, in fact don't know of any good garages period.

Joking aside, I would think any semi-competant mechanic could change a rad on a surf, hell I think even I could do it.

Are you at all mechanically minded? and have a basic set of tools?

I doubt you'd even need a manual, as it should be a case of undo various bolts until it falls out and then put new one in, in reverse order.

If not, then as I xsay, any half decent garage should be ok, possibly even the likes of K**k-F*t ( pardon my language)
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

There's a 4x4 garage down that way with a good rep, i think it's on the hastings to eastbourne road, as you come out of hastings you're right on the seafront, then there's a right > left s bend as you come away from the sea for a bit and round the front of some houses, i can't remember where it is exactly but it's on the right hand side (going from hastings towards eastbourne) a bit further on from there (could be a mile or two) if i remember rightly. Only a little place second hand 4x4 dealer who does servicing/repairs, or at least i think that's the one. I don't know the area well, just trying to remember where it was from when i last drove past (last summer). but like plumb bob says anywhere should be ale to do it, if they can't change a radiator properly they shouldn't be trading as a garage.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Hi mate

I got a new rad for mine co's the top seam came away anyway I took the top off recently and silver soldered it. Pressure tested ok.

If you want it you can have it for cost of postage.

Cheers JB
        www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

rad

thanx all
          my interdoodah went t**s up last night, so have been only able to log on now. have gotten a place to do it,(i can do it but when is the prob as work is mad at the mo), thanx any how highlander but i bought a new one from milners which arrived this morning, along with new hoses stat and cap(just under 200 quid) but thanx anyway
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

The 4x4 place referred to is in Bulverhythe, opp the pub with the same name. Just after the Total garage as you come past Coombe Haven.

Comment

I would not let ANY garage near the cooling system on a 2.4, ANY garage would replace the radiator, chuck some water in, leave your system full of airlocks and tell you it was OK when they left it. Be very very careful who you take it two
              Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
              X