No announcement yet.

Split rims update (surfinstien)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously, any reasons why this wont work, apart from the tyre maybe catching the inner wings? i have a 2" lift (body) so that may be ok, and if they do poke out a bit i could always fit those arch extension things (in S/S )

I was jokeing when i first mentiond it but its got me thinking now, would look nice, mean a lot of soddin polishing tho!!
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

do it do it do it!

stick one on like that and see if it rubs at full lock and full compression
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

try sikaflex

Havent used split rims in a while but i remember using sikaflex #221 on my old cruiser wheels.Worked a treat as a sealant.. Just check up on that number. cost me about $20 a tube so probably about 8 pound. Use to buy it from marine stores:boat
        Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

Yeah we used to use Sika products at the coach builders, good stuff, expensive tho, wonder if any of the guys i knew are still there?
          Right i'm gonna do it, been haveing a fiddle about today and i reccon it'll work,
          i had to remove the 30mm spacer and as you can see from the pic it's going stick out about an inch, (arch extensions) cant see it being a prob regarding the sus and bearings as the spider will now be in its original fixing position on the hub, (useing the rim to gain width as opposed to spacers,) any way got a lot of rubbing down and polishing to do now, i also thought the rim might fould the caliper but its OK, had to hang the wing on to get a better idea,

Comment

Break a leg

You seem to have it pretty sussed. with what to do.
            Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

Originally posted by hilux2.8
              You seem to have it pretty sussed. with what to do.
              Cheer's Matt, hope ya mean that in the threatrical, luvvy, bunch of ponces, way,

Comment

Working...
              X