Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tablet

Just a quick question, I was at the skye Festival a week ago selling porridge as you do, and 1 of our toppings is crushed tablet and apple. We had a lot of people asking what tablet was, I thought this rather amusing.

So the question is Do you know what tablet is?

Btw the majority of people that asked where of a english nature.
    www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

isnt that some mad jock sweet stuff you lot put on???

or do you just tell them they are bluies and charge 20 quid a bowl
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Int it like a reel sweet hard biscuit??
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by ABE
        Just a quick question, I was at the skye Festival a week ago selling porridge as you do, and 1 of our toppings is crushed tablet and apple. We had a lot of people asking what tablet was, I thought this rather amusing.

So the question is Do you know what tablet is?

Btw the majority of people that asked where of a english nature.
        i dunno but its $$$$$$ nice. so is macaroon. and you can only get it up in scotland. one point we had one of our relatives send down some of it. we bought a load from the barras before we left too.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Sugar, butter, condensed milk and water.

(Serves two)

» 500g/18oz/2 cups granulated sugar.
          » 60g/2oz/one quarter cup butter.
          » 3½ tablespoons condensed milk.
          » 170ml/6 floz/three quarters cup water.
          Method:

1. Grease a tin.

2. Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan and heat until the butter has melted and sugar has dissolved.

3. Bring the mixture to the boil. It is important to stir continuously at this point so the mixture doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.

4. Bring the mixture down to simmer for approximately 10 minutes. The mixture should be thick and the colour should have turned from white to caramel.

5. Take the pan from the hob and place it on a heat resistant surface for about 5 minutes.

6. After the 5 minutes beat the mixture really hard. At this point it will start to set.

7. Before the mixture sets, use a wooden spoon to transfer it into the prepared tin. You will find it sets almost straight away.

8. Before it has completely set, cut the tablet into bitesize pieces and leave it to cool and set hard for 5 minutes.

9. Take the pieces from the tin and store them in an airtight container.

Healthy huh!

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Ballibeg
            Sugar, butter, condensed milk and water.

(Serves two)

» 500g/18oz/2 cups granulated sugar.
            » 60g/2oz/one quarter cup butter.
            » 3½ tablespoons condensed milk.
            » 170ml/6 floz/three quarters cup water.
            Method:

1. Grease a tin.

2. Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan and heat until the butter has melted and sugar has dissolved.

3. Bring the mixture to the boil. It is important to stir continuously at this point so the mixture doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.

4. Bring the mixture down to simmer for approximately 10 minutes. The mixture should be thick and the colour should have turned from white to caramel.

5. Take the pan from the hob and place it on a heat resistant surface for about 5 minutes.

6. After the 5 minutes beat the mixture really hard. At this point it will start to set.

7. Before the mixture sets, use a wooden spoon to transfer it into the prepared tin. You will find it sets almost straight away.

8. Before it has completely set, cut the tablet into bitesize pieces and leave it to cool and set hard for 5 minutes.

9. Take the pieces from the tin and store them in an airtight container.
            Where's the deeeeep frying bit
            Onwards Binky

Comment

im going to do this! so simple. and its tasty.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I didn't know what it was (but thanks for the recipe Dave), but I did know that it was a Scottish delicacy.
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

the best way to describe it is the consitency and texture of Kendall mint cake but not minty and caramel in colour VERY Sugary
                  www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Ummmm! Tablet and a battered Mars Bar - instant heart attack!!
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Clootie dumpling recipe next watch this space.
                      www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

people probably dont know what a cloot is either!
                        www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                          Ummmm! Tablet and a battered Mars Bar - instant heart attack!!
                          you get the battered mars bar down the road here but i not tried it. ive heard its nice
                          i dont know what a cloot it
                          know what a piece and jam is though
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I know what a 'cloot aroond the lug' is..........had many of them in my youth!
                            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

know what a piece and jam is though[/QUOTE]

have you tried a jam fritter?
                              take one piece and jam dunk in batter and you guessed it...deep fry it and serve with evaporated milk mmmmmmm.....

Comment

Working...
                              X