• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
    As the bowl of chrysanthemums was not heard to say:
    Top quote!

Back to the debate....

Can your 2nd, 3rd or even 4th gens do this to the back.....

1st gens rool, they're so cool!!!
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
      As the bowl of chrysanthemums was not heard to say:
      What about the whale ........................

Whats that rushing torwards me .....It big ..........and round .............

I'll call it GROUND
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

1 gens dont come in for any slagging coz they are in a class of there own

you can never beat an original

jj
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
          1 gens are in a class of there own jj

Yeah, dirty and rusty normally!

in a cool way though.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Yeah, dirty and rusty normally!
            :holds hand up: Guilty!

Comment

Originally posted by fatmat
              I think i've cracked the code....when someone places a post claiming they may buy a 3rd gen all the 2nd gen guys try to put this guy off in order to sell him their 2nd gen so they can go and buy the 3rd gen....now it makes sence your tired of your old chugging, plough pulling tractor type thingy and want to upgrade to a sleek multi purpose vehicle.

next time you see a 3rd gen in your mirror flashing his lights, do the decent thing and pull over to let him past.....vrrrrrmmmmmmmmm.
              MPV...

Even the abbreviation is funny!

Keep your plastic hairdressermobile, us 'in the know' know we have the proper one
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I'd love to have a 3rd gen with PROPER bumpers! lil lift n some decent rubber + some non hair styling extras!

But she'd be playing 2nd fiddle to me 2.4<--- DAMN straight! Live life on the edge people!!

Personally im looking forward to day when i make the call "GIVE ME 3500cc's of V8 stat!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                  I'd love to have a 3rd gen with PROPER bumpers! lil lift n some decent rubber + some non hair styling extras!

But she'd be playing 2nd fiddle to me 2.4<--- DAMN straight! Live life on the edge people!!

Personally im looking forward to day when i make the call "GIVE ME 3500cc's of V8 stat!!!!"
                  But that will be petrol... then what you gonna do when the floods come. Rudolf was right all along

Comment

I must admit there was a hairmobile on fleabay with a winch bumper not so long ago that .............................. .............................. ............INTRESTED ME

OH F***...........i have been infected
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                      I must admit there was a hairmobile on fleabay with a winch bumper not so long ago that .............................. .............................. ............INTRESTED ME

OH F***...........i have been infected
                      Those ears are starting to suit you...

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                        I'd love to have a 3rd gen with PROPER bumpers...."
                        But what's not proper about em?
                        Having owned both 2nd & 3 Gens, I can see no difference, all made from steel with plastic front valance.
                        Only possible difference being the 3rd Gen ones don't rust out whenever they're exposed to the air

Of course winch bumpers etc will vastly improve any gen of Surf, but that's a whole different issue....

Originally posted by apache
                        Keep your plastic hairdressermobile
                        Now hang on, surely you're not slagging the 1st Gen's as after all they are the ones with the least steel in their construction and the most composite bits of any generation Surf.... so if you're calling the "plastic" ones hairdressermobiles that can only be the 1st Gens surely you are greatly confused.......
                        Plastic or no, 1st Gens rule
                        Maurice
                        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                          But what's not proper about em?
                          Having owned both 2nd & 3 Gens, I can see no difference, all made from steel with plastic front valance.
                          Only possible difference being the 3rd Gen ones don't rust out whenever they're exposed to the air

Of course winch bumpers etc will vastly improve any gen of Surf, but that's a whole different issue....
                          Thats what i mean by proper! Ive got a winch bumper for my 2nd gen! just makes it look meaner!

I think a solid black (imo) 3rd gen, 3.4V6 or whatever it is! with custom winch bumper and similar for rear with some mickey thompson classic 2's with the beadlock type thing, some 33's, mesh grill, roof spots, rear hung spare and nice loud and hidden exhaust would be just the mutts nutts! Ive seen one heavy modded 4th gen an it blew me away!

Comment

5th Gen
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                              Now hang on, surely you're not slagging the 1st Gen's as after all they are the ones with the least steel in their construction and the most composite bits of any generation Surf.... so if you're calling the "plastic" ones hairdressermobiles that can only be the 1st Gens surely you are greatly confused.......
                              Plastic or no, 1st Gens rule
                              True!

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
                                sorry guys you will see the light when you have owned both
                                2 gen = rugged
                                3 gen = refined

2gen with 3 gen running gear and rising rear door = perfection

jj
                                As per our Conversation last night on the phone.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                                X