Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tent testing in Cornwall Bank Holiday weekend

Hi All

Here is what happens when you set up a tent 500 meter from the sea and leave it there on a day out(actually it was a day in some touristy place..)....throw in driving rain and 50 mph wind and a whole load of unsuspecting campers. Lucky for us this was the start of our second week and not the first day like all the others.
    Every thing we had was in the tent apart from what we were wearing. I was just about to drop off the wife and kids back at the tent so I could go wind surfing.
    as you can see it didn't stay up very well. The only consolation is that everyones tent apart from 1(the tiny green one in the background)
    was knocked over!! we rented a challet for the folowing week (that stung a bit) but had a fantastic holiday. Got out windsurfing for the next two days and completed my first backwards loop windsurfing at Marazion with on shore wind so was very happy.

I love Cornwall

that was a nice bit of weather we had wasn't it?Where did you stay on your holiday
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

St Ive Bay Campsite in Hayle

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
        I thought i recognised the scenery but wasn't sure.That's where Marky stays also.

Comment

How are you feeling Richard? Can you drive yet??
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Yep great place depending onthe wind you can go to a beach within 30 mins in any direction either to get the wind or for the family to get out of the wind.

In two week I managed to go
            Flat water blasting on a windsufer @ Marazion
            Wave sailing doing big jumps @ Marazion
            Body boarding @ Senon
            Swiming in the Waves @ Chaple Porth
            Surfing @ Gwithan....

and so on what a great play Ground to live in..

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
              How are you feeling Richard? Can you drive yet??
              Hiya.No not yet.I have to see the consultant on the 14th and start phyio on the 21st so it won't be till late july at the earliest b4 i start to drive again

Comment

Yep great place depending onthe wind you can go to a beach within 30 mins in any direction either to get the wind or for the family to get out of the wind.

In two week I managed to go
                Flat water blasting on a windsufer @ Marazion
                Wave sailing doing big jumps @ Marazion
                Body boarding @ Senon
                Swiming in the Waves @ Chaple Porth
                Surfing @ Gwithan....

and so on what a great play Ground to live in..
                Should of given us a shout and i could of given directions to the St Just coastal lanes with some fantastic scenery there.
                You are right tho there are some lovely places down here but us yokels seem to take for granted and don't bother going to

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                  Should of given us a shout and i could of given directions to the St Just coastal lanes with some fantastic scenery there.
                  You are right tho there are some lovely places down here but us yokels seem to take for granted and don't bother going to
                  How do you cope with the traffic ? it was fine as a tourist (yuk) but it must be a nightmare if you live there during the summer. I came home yesterday and crawled from Hayle all the way to exeter. The first week was fine but on the second week all carparks were brimming and journeys took 15min longer..

Comment

i just try to keep away from the busy areas as much as possible if i can,but i am normally at work during the summer so we tend to use a lot of the back roads to get to differant areas of the rail network down here

Comment

I remember going to Newquay / Watergate Bay? With my parents and brother when I was a kid, that was a fantastic holiday. My dad drove for about 2 days, stopped overnight in Stoke On Trent on the way, in his old Hillman Minx. No air con, no cassette or cd player, just the radio! Man those were the days.

Promised myself I would go back someday but 40 years later I still haven't managed it! Perhaps this year, only problem is the 906 mile round trip, works out at about 30 gallons, I think it's cheaper to fly to Majorca!
                      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                        I remember going to Newquay / Watergate Bay? With my parents and brother when I was a kid, that was a fantastic holiday.My dad drove for about 2 days, stopped overnight in Stoke On Trent on the way, in his old Hillman Minx. No air con, no cassette or cd player, just the radio! Man those were the days.

Promised myself I would go back someday but 40 years later I still haven't managed it! Perhaps this year, only problem is the 906 mile round trip, works out at about 30 gallons, I think it's cheaper to fly to Majorca!
                        probably take just as long aswell with the way the roads are these days

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                          probably take just as long aswell with the way the roads are these days
                          Your about right I drove 434km in 6hrs with 2hrs of breaks on top of that to get home yesterday....still worth it!

Comment

We stayed in one of there Chalets for a week last year, Bitten to death by BED BUGS
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                              We stayed in one of there Chalets for a week last year, Bitten to death by BED BUGS
                              Thanks Marky...I have not stopped itching since I read this!!

Comment

Working...
                              X