Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Copycat]
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

Vince, you're a sly old dog, so I don't know if this is a p!ss take. I imagine that the gap between the light cluster and the body work is 10mm next to the tailgate when he's trying to fit it. It must be too long at the back of the new cluster, that's why the seller states new connections need to be fitted.
    Nothing to do with connectors. The gap can be seen viewed from the back with the tailgate up. Because the lights won't sit in the recess they do not meet at the tailgate as the originals do.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
      they aint handed wrong are they? I.E trying to put the passenger cluster in the driver side or somet?? Its an easy mistake! they could just be upside down!
      Thought of that too. Won't even begin to fit changing them round.

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos
        another thought, are the rear light clusters different if you have the spare wheel underslung or rear mounted?
        That I wouldn't know. My Surf is rear mounted wheel type. If lights are for underslung only, (can't see why they would be different though,) it should be stated in description.

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
          Both the same!
          They look nice tho, what you need is

DOUBLE SIDED TAPE
          How would that solve the problem? The lights stick out from the body on the side and don't meet at the tailgate. They look like a bodge job and I don't do bodge!

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
            or pictures?!
            I'll dig the camera out and see what I can do.

Comment

Hi Tony, please don't be offended by some of the remarks. Sometimes when a topic comes up like this you'll get a few wry comments. They're just lighthearted banter mate. If anyone can help you rest assured they will.

Sometimes it pays to let the odd comment go over your head, there's very rarely anything malicious posted here, it's just that some of us have a strange sense of humour. Stick around mate you'll soon get used to it!
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Pictures of lights as suggested.

Viewed in order, the problems are self evident.

I shall have another go at fitting to make sure I'm not talking rot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0731.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	1268726

Name:	Parts.jpeg
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	1250006

Name:	Picture 259.jpg
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1268728

Name:	Picture 260.jpg
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1268729

Name:	Picture 258.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1268730

Not quite got this right, but it should work.

Comment

[QUOTE=TOYOTATONY]
                  Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

My tailgate is also at the back, that's where I've been trying to fit the tail light cluster as the link shows. Had a few beers have we???

I don't drink, why d'you ask?

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                    Hi Tony, please don't be offended by some of the remarks. Sometimes when a topic comes up like this you'll get a few wry comments. They're just lighthearted banter mate. If anyone can help you rest assured they will.

Sometimes it pays to let the odd comment go over your head, there's very rarely anything malicious posted here, it's just that some of us have a strange sense of humour. Stick around mate you'll soon get used to it!
                    I apologise if some of my remarks seem a bit off. I haven't been offended by anything said. It's all too easy to mis-read intent with the written word, but I assure everyone I am grateful for all comments. I'm all for lighthearted banter.

Thank you for your words of advice Copycat.
                    Regards.
                    Last edited by TOYOTATONY; 3 June 2007, 22:24.

Comment

[quote=BUSHWHACKER]
                      Originally posted by TOYOTATONY

I don't drink, why d'you ask?
                      In response to your post #6

I don't drink either BTW

Comment

so are the clusters supposed to be on oval shaped holes so they are adjustable to fit in the correct place?
                        i take it from the pics that they arnt, and it looks like they are too far over to the left?
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
                          so are the clusters supposed to be on oval shaped holes so they are adjustable to fit in the correct place?
                          i take it from the pics that they arnt, and it looks like they are too far over to the left?
                          Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not sure what you mean. All I know is that there is no adjustment and the wiring issue aside, should be a simple replacement for the originals. With the two locating pins lined up, the edge of the lens touches the bodywork and obviously won't go any further. There has been no damage repair to my Surf that would cause this either.

I'm hoping that these are just a bad set, but I think it unlikely that both would have the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by TOYOTATONY
                            Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not sure what you mean. All I know is that there is no adjustment and the wiring issue aside, should be a simple replacement for the originals. With the two locating pins lined up, the edge of the lens touches the bodywork and obviously won't go any further. There has been no damage repair to my Surf that would cause this either.

I'm hoping that these are just a bad set, but I think it unlikely that both would have the same problem.
                            ive not ever taken any clusters off a surf.. i was just trying to say some things to make me look like i know what im talking about
                            seriously though, if the bolts go though holes that are the same size then there is no way they can be adjusted
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Something defo not right there . As suggested previous , are you sure they are not upside down IE you have the ns fitted in the os? Or they may have sent you 3rd gen by mistake ?
                              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

They've probably sent Toyota pick-up lights.

Comment

Working...
                                X