Don't buy these lights!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
    Something defo not right there . As suggested previous , are you sure they are not upside down IE you have the ns fitted in the os? Or they may have sent you 3rd gen by mistake ?
    I shall have another look and see if I'm going nuts, but I have tried them either handed. I don't understand how they can be so far out. According to the boxes they are supposed to be the right ones.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      They've probably sent Toyota pick-up lights.
      You could well be right, I tried to fit a set of these into a mates surf a few years ago, they did fit (where they touched), My mate returned them and the bloke said it was the first time he heard of the problem.

When we tried them in his pickup they fit perfect, so it could well be the wrong lamps.
      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        They've probably sent Toyota pick-up lights.
        Hi BUSHWHACKER & COOLSV...

This is a possibility I guess. I shall suggest this to the seller, though still waiting for a reply to my first email.

I've been in contact with a few other buyers and all have said they are a mare to fit and don't fit exactly as originals. This is not right in my book!

Comment

Is he the only guy advertising 'Lexus style' for a 2nd gen?

Most of that style seem to be for 3rd gens or pickups, so the previous posters could well be right.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

defo looks like your trying to get a square peg in a round hole so to speak shame as they are nice looking clusters and alot cheaper than quite a few that are on teh market hmmm maybe i answered teh question in that statment the "alot cheaper" part
            !!!My Rice Krispies told me to do it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              Is he the only guy advertising 'Lexus style' for a 2nd gen?

Most of that style seem to be for 3rd gens or pickups, so the previous posters could well be right.
              He's the only one I can find. If anyone knows of someone else selling them, I'd like to hear from them.

Comment

Originally posted by drcrippen324
                defo looks like your trying to get a square peg in a round hole so to speak shame as they are nice looking clusters and alot cheaper than quite a few that are on teh market hmmm maybe i answered teh question in that statment the "alot cheaper" part
                You are right, they do look good. In regard to your second observation: These lights are being sold as seconds as they have a "few marks on one unit". I am happy to accept that and this is the only reason given, for the "cheap price". They should still fit the vehicle that they are advertised for obviously.
                Still no response from the sellers Tiger Trucks.

Comment

The Tiger Trucks lights saga continues.

It appears that Tiger Trucks have now removed these lights from sale. Why would they do this??????????????

I have had no response from them, but I will try again.

4 buyers that I contacted have stated that these lights are basically useless, unless you either break a pin off and use sticky pads or file the edges of the lens etc. These comments were from buyers who still left positive feedback on eBay, fearing they would get retaliatory negative feedback.

Tried again to fit these lights in every way possible short of the aforementioned chopping and/or filing. THEY DO NOT FIT!
                  If these lights suddenly re-appear on eBay, my advice obviously is: DO NOT BUY!

BTW. Surfboyshaun, I see you bought a set of these on April 10th. Assuming you received them, I would be interested in your experience in fitting these lights.

Comment

Originally posted by TOYOTATONY
                    It appears that Tiger Trucks have now removed these lights from sale. Why would they do this??????????????
                    I told everyone about this last year! The lights are rubbish, LA Supertrux, Roughtrax, me, etc.. stopped selling them as they are very poor quality.

'Someone' must have bought the job lot and put them on e-bay cheap.

The bulb holders melt with the heat of the bulb, if you actaully get them to fit!
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                      I told everyone about this last year! The lights are rubbish, LA Supertrux, Roughtrax, me, etc.. stopped selling them as they are very poor quality.

'Someone' must have bought the job lot and put them on e-bay cheap.

The bulb holders melt with the heat of the bulb, if you actaully get them to fit!
                      Hi TonyN,

It's a good thing to get advice of who to buy and not buy from. Trouble is of course, unless this kind of info is kept available and updated, new members like myself, won't be able to heed the warnings from members such as yourself.
                      I see we have info of recommended companies & people to deal with on this site. Perhaps we should have a section warning members of who not to deal with. ???????

Comment

Terry at Tiger Trucks is a reasonably good mate who I've know since the custom pickup days way back, so its a bit of a moral dilemma, most of his stuff is OK, (even if ripped off from another supplier allegedly ) I'd be wary of opening up a nasty can of worms and giving someone with a private agenda a way of bitching unfairly with no chance of reply.

I'm not sure how much he knew about the lights being that dodgy, if people are giving good feedback then he'll carry on selling them.

They ARE the only true Luxus style type around, and thats what people want. Ashley had a set on his truck and they kind of fitted, but did fill with water when he washed it, and then the plastic melted around the bulbs before we changed then for the type of lenses I sell.

I guess if you had a show truck (which alot of his customers are), that only had limited hours on the road and at night, and you got them to fit, there is a place for them.

I would expect him to sort you out if they are genuinely no good. Not much aftermarket stuff is a perfect fit everytime, they are cheap compared to genuine Toyota stuff, sometimes you have to balence the quality verses how much you want that individual thing.

Give him a chance to sort you out, its the show season so people who deal in this sort of stuff may be away from a PC for days at a time around the country.

Hi TonyN,

It's a good thing to get advice of who to buy and not buy from. Trouble is of course, unless this kind of info is kept available and updated, new members like myself, won't be able to heed the warnings from members such as yourself.
                        I see we have info of recommended companies & people to deal with on this site. Perhaps we should have a section warning members of who not to deal with. ???????

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                          Terry at Tiger Trucks is a reasonably good mate who I've know since the custom pickup days way back, so its a bit of a moral dilemma, most of his stuff is OK, (even if ripped off from another supplier allegedly ) I'd be wary of opening up a nasty can of worms and giving someone with a private agenda a way of bitching unfairly with no chance of reply.

I'm not sure how much he knew about the lights being that dodgy, if people are giving good feedback then he'll carry on selling them.

They ARE the only true Luxus style type around, and thats what people want. Ashley had a set on his truck and they kind of fitted, but did fill with water when he washed it, and then the plastic melted around the bulbs before we changed then for the type of lenses I sell.

I guess if you had a show truck (which alot of his customers are), that only had limited hours on the road and at night, and you got them to fit, there is a place for them.

I would expect him to sort you out if they are genuinely no good. Not much aftermarket stuff is a perfect fit everytime, they are cheap compared to genuine Toyota stuff, sometimes you have to balence the quality verses how much you want that individual thing.

Give him a chance to sort you out, its the show season so people who deal in this sort of stuff may be away from a PC for days at a time around the country.
                          I absolutely agree with all that you say TonyN. If they are as bad as you say, I feel vindicated, and I guess that's why they have been withdrawn from sale. I have sent yet another email asking to sort things out without everything getting unpleasent. I do try to give as much opportunity as possible to resolve things in an adult and sensible fashion. I have no desire to cause any aggravation, but there has to be a limit. My original headline for this post, was born somewhat out of frustration, as it's now the third time in as many weeks that I've come unstuck using eBay. I shall await his reply as long as I think reasonable. I have offered to return the lights if a full refund is agreed. I can't be fairer than that.
                          (Think I shall ditch eBay for a while and only buy original parts.)
                          Thank you for your comments.
                          BTW. Which lights do you sell and where?
                          Last edited by TOYOTATONY; 5 June 2007, 22:52.

Comment

Seeing as you asked, I can't be accused of abusing my position.....

http://www.4x4toys.co.uk/shop.html

(some of the pics don't work, need Mooter to need some work doing on his truck so he can work on my website! )

Comment

http://www.4x4toys.co.uk/shop.html

my truck is the one with the 3rd gen lights... they fit exactly as the OEM ones... pretty much the same as original but clear.
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

rear lights

i have the same lights as these on my 1992 2.4 purchased from this same guy on ebay i have chrome light protectors on them and they fit fine you must have got a faulty pair
                                mick

Comment

Working...
                                X