yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you remember when......................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not to forget spending ya dinner money at the TUCK shop....50p got me a carrier bag full of spice
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
      I'm so glad I read this thread, I've been in a foul mood all day, work is getting to me a lot lately, and I'm still jet-lagged, so not getting to sleep till 3am and in the office for 8am (till 10 or 11pm most days)....

It just cheered me right up, all those fantastic memories flooding back, and you know what, that's why I bought my Surf, so I could have a release, something just for me, that I can drive about, camp out somewhere, watch the stars, meet new friends and relax and enjoy life.....

Cheers - this really made my day!
      You need a bl00dy holiday mate me thinks. Pack the truck up shut the door and say goodbye to realife for a couple off weeks if i were u.

Comment

Remember spud guns? pump the barrel, poke the end in a potato and fire a plug of spud, and the corona lorry!!! bottles of pop with spring wire tops that ya got the deposit back on, split peas through a pea shooter, saturday morn pictures up the odeon, talking of 10 bobs, we use to go out for a drink when i was 17-18 with a ten bob note and still got fish and chips after,

Fifteen of us livin in a shoe box in't middle ot road, try and tell kids today and they dont believe ya

I do remember looseing my wage packet on the bus comeing home from work once, thers was about £5 10s in it, too scared to tell me mum, so i borrowed £2 from mates to pay her her keep and went stint for a month time i'd pay'd back everyone,
        Yep good ole days
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

When granny made clootie dumplings with a sixpence in it wrapped in grease proof paper.

When you went to the loo it was at the back of the house in a wee brick out building and had shiny paper or squares of news paper tied with twine on a nail.

When we had real toys wooden spinning tops with a leather whip to keep it spinning down the street.

making those balsa gliders you got for christmas.

I enjoyed your thread got to let the kids read it when they get home.

No computers, changing the needle on the record player. Still got a box of them some where. Tv's were in a big wooden box and black and white.

You could watch the BBC saying good night then the screen vanished into a wee dot before going blank.

When you took your clothes to bed so they would be warm in the morning co's the ice was thick in frosty patterns on the inside of the glass windows.

First one up went outside to get the coal for the fire so you could get a bit heat before walking to school.

When I did my plumbing apprentice we learned to join lead pipes and how to cut and join blue asbestos ones. by sitting them across your knee and filling it with a big rasp in clouds of dust to make the collar fit!

Oh a touch of nostalga is a wonderful tonic.

I wonder what the kids will think of when they reach their middle age.

Do you remember when cars had oily engines and wheels !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers JB
          www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

distributer caps ,set of points, and a condenser, O and the old rotar arm ,,,you could'nt go wrong could ya ,,, where's my black cresta pa now I wonder, two arials on the back ,white wall tyres,and the old faithfull bench seat with column change and 3 gears. saturday nite down southend with the bird and down the lane on the way home for a bit of ladies and gentlemen,,,,
            no breathalizers then, no speed cameras fastest car the police had was a daimler dart, still could'nt catch a vincent black shadow tho,,

am I really that old ,,,, where did them days go,,,,seems like yesterday,,
            ho hum

Comment

Me to, wish i had it now,
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Oh yes, I remember those days well......A wooden sword and dustbin lid as a shield and one of your mums saucepans as a helmet.

Pram wheels and board to make a go cart, and use your toes to brake because you forgot to put brakes on, and then get a rollicking from your Mum for wearing the toes out of your shoes.

6 penneth of chips with loads of salt and vinegar, all wrapped in newspaper.

Comment

And makin "bombs" from weedkiller & sugar didnt attract plod in black

Comment

EVERYBODY had an airgun from the nasty Gnat to the latest high power 22 rifle.

Comment

Knickin lead from the church roof was expected from a 5 year old.

Comment

Flick knives and sawn off shotguns, anybody else ever fired a sawn orf 410? Awesome @ 13.

Comment

Strange, but we were never bothered by child pervs back then, if the adults didnt get 'em the kids did and the law didnt see nowt.

Comment

Auld Nick were you brought up in a caravan by phsyco Smith

Cheers JB
                            www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1
                              Auld Nick were you brought up in a caravan by phsyco Smith

Cheers JB

I think he and Mr Surf grew up together by the sound of it....
                              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Working...
                              X