bushwacker can u help ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joymic
    read all u put in the thread on how u did u scoop , but koi says i carnt see the pics becausethey got robbed , soooo i need to put the two together, coz me thinks it sounds good but i bet it looks the d nuts... anyway am $$$$ed hehe to much stella

Right then, here's some pics. I didn't do a before, during and ready for painting pics, just the finished result.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Right then, here's some pics. I didn't do a before, during and ready for painting pics, just the finished result.
      That was the famous bakeing tray scoop right, it certainly worked well,
      Thank god for Robert Dyas eh!
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
        That was the famous bakeing tray scoop right, it certainly worked well,
        Thank god for Robert Dyas eh!

Poundstretcher, £2.

Comment

Hello

Cooling mods I have done to help when towing the horse box include

1. Fitting an intercooler = cooler air going into the engine

2. Removing all air con junk = less weight and drag on the engine (and you actually get to see your alternator!)

3. Removing little rubber skirts around lower engine bay

4. 1.5'' body lift - allows air to circulate around the tranny and keeps the ATF cooler (which itself is cooled via the engine radiator). Before the body lift the inside of the truck used to get really hot from the transmission tunnel, now it stays a lot cooler
          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
            Hello

Cooling mods I have done to help when towing the horse box include

1. Fitting an intercooler = cooler air going into the engine

2. Removing all air con junk = less weight and drag on the engine (and you actually get to see your alternator!)

3. Removing little rubber skirts around lower engine bay

4. 1.5'' body lift - allows air to circulate around the tranny and keeps the ATF cooler (which itself is cooled via the engine radiator). Before the body lift the inside of the truck used to get really hot from the transmission tunnel, now it stays a lot cooler
            Snap
            Your pipe work looks a lot simpler than mines turning out to be, and cheaper i guess, thought i was doing well with a free intercooler,
            Last edited by POPEYE; 2 June 2007, 13:41.
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

If you just want to remove hot air from under the bonnet, vents pointing downstream airflow-wise are better than a scoop. Air is coming in through the front of the car, so it makes it easier for that heated air to get out. A forward facing scoop just goes against that airflow...

(Waits for the top-mount owners abuse)
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

cheers for that apache !! vince has already advised me to face it to the windscreen, which am gonna do, O AND THANKS A LOT VINCE for the pics, nice job!!

Comment

and thanks to the lovely boyo !! thanks for all u input lads,think i will try the reverse scoop first , coz its only a prob on very long hills, cheers boys hope to see some of u at the srtts in sept, hope u lot like a beer , me an her do, we go out more than the gas !!

Comment

I was having a few probs with overheating when dragging the caravan uphill, so as a temporary measure (without having to take a tin opener to the bonnet) I fitted a few washers between the bonnet and the bonnet hinges. This has lifted the back edge of the bonnet about half an inch, just enough to let the hot air out. Have to say it has made a noticeable difference. Only had to pull over to cool down once coming back on the A66 over Stainmore at the weekend Was thinking about one of those Kenlowe extractor vents, anyone tried them and are they worth the dosh?

Spoggle

Comment

Someone bought one of these a few weeks back

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ghlight=cooler

nice looking ATF cooler - recommended if you're towing a lot

also read this - http://www.kenlowe.co.uk/oil-coolers...tic/index.html
                      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

cheers andy!! think what al do is , start with the windscreen facing scoop, well not realy a scoop, but more of a vent, i think that will solve my problem , coz it dosent happen very often, its got to be very hot and a very long hill ( m62) plus i think it will look cool, or keep it cool ??

Comment

Working...
                        X