veg tax question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veg tax question

Anyone know the current tax rate for SVO??
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

SVO tax currently at £0.4836 - ish.
    I thought they were going to stop taxing small users??
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

so if the tax is that much and buying the oil is about 50p per litre, it works out cheeper to run normal diesel! So much an environmentally friendly government
      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

i know! i only use 1 litre of veg oil a month though
        if your using better fuel, they should lower your road tax. but you know they wont
        Last edited by dieselboy; 30 May 2007, 16:12. Reason: i added a bit
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
          SVO tax currently at £0.4836 - ish.
          I thought they were going to stop taxing small users??

val is only 4ft 11" so wont she have to pay tax ????
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos
            so if the tax is that much and buying the oil is about 50p per litre, it works out cheeper to run normal diesel! So much an environmentally friendly government
            You only just worked that out!

We run veg cos despite what the Envio-nazi's preach, you can own and run a 4wd AND care about the environment.

But to admit that would mean they lose their biggest scapegoat, and might actually have to use some brain power in finding the real reasons for pollution.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Linda,

you have a pm

Trev
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                You only just worked that out!

We run veg cos despite what the Envio-nazi's preach, you can own and run a 4wd AND care about the environment.

But to admit that would mean they lose their biggest scapegoat, and might actually have to use some brain power in finding the real reasons for pollution.

China and India!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  China and India!
                  U.S by far.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                    U.S by far.

but in China, particularly on a clear day, you can look directly at the sun 'cos it's diffused by the thick smog, plus it's hardly ever windy enough to blow it away!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      but in China, particularly on a clear day, you can look directly at the sun 'cos it's diffused by the thick smog, plus it's hardly ever windy enough to blow it away!
                      Particles and gasses are separate things, though. Most emissions are invisible to the naked eye, so the visible smog is just some crud that's part of it.

Comment

U.S by far.
                        The US has a pretty poor record per person, but at least they make some effort, China and India and others just don't give a monkeys about any issues with the environment.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                          The US has a pretty poor record per person, but at least they make some effort, China and India and others just don't give a monkeys about any issues with the environment.
                          Possibly so, but there's not one fully developed nation can wag the finger at them for it. Each and every country has done it through their industrial and economic evolution to a fully developed nation. Look at this country and it's smog in the industrial revolution.

Comment

OK - so noone knows the exact rate???

I pay nothing for the used vegoil and don't always have time to make bio so wanted the SVO rate as I can declare both on my return.

SVO at 45p ish is still cheaper than diesel and better for the environment so a no brainer for me.

China produces 42% of the world's emmisions of Nitrogen and CO2 and refuse to commit to any global reductions, US is the next biggest polluter. UK is about 2% - 95% of that is from industry - but I still like to feel I'm doing my bit.
                            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Possibly so, but there's not one fully developed nation can wag the finger at them for it. Each and every country has done it through their industrial and economic evolution to a fully developed nation. Look at this country and it's smog in the industrial revolution.
                              But then we didn't know any better, now the facts are plain to see.

We can wag the finger, cos we know how much it fawked up our country and other parts of the world, and what we had to do to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                              X