Is My Engine Gonna Fall Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is My Engine Gonna Fall Out?

I was having a look at engine bay of my Surf yesterday, and when I revved the engine, the whole block sort of twisted to the left by about 1 - 1.5cm.

I was just wondering if this is normal, or whether anything has worked itself loose? The last thing I want is to be cruising past some pretty young ladies and the engine falls out the bottom of the truck!!
    Just Vegging Out

Originally posted by Bludger
    I was having a look at engine bay of my Surf yesterday, and when I revved the engine, the whole block sort of twisted to the left by about 1 - 1.5cm.

I was just wondering if this is normal, or whether anything has worked itself loose? The last thing I want is to be cruising past some pretty young ladies and the engine falls out the bottom of the truck!!

Mine does the same. It's just the soft rubber in the engine mounts, if the rubber was harder so stop the engine moving, there would be more vibrations through the chassis/body.

Comment

If it didn't move the whole truck would jump every time you stomped your right foot!
      Thats why the engine has rubber mounts.
      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

So the short answer is 'yes'... it will fall out and at the most embarassing time... says so in the manual...

Comment

Working...
        X