off road in around shere /A25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off road in around shere /A25

what a good day we had. me and a friend with a pajero went to the green lanes and off road tracks yesterday from about 11 - 8. was shattered afterwards.
    one of the first places we went to there was these big banks, and muddy ditches with a big puddle the size of a lake. i decided to try and go through the middle but bottled out in case it was too deep! so in reverse i went, didnt see the tree because of tinted windows, rain, and not looking. the chrome bumper is more robust than i thought! not a scratch.
    quite often i had 2 wheels off the floor 1 front and 1 back diagonal, and a couple of times i had 2 left wheels off.
    we found a muddy hill with a track that goes up and around a corner with bushes each side. it was so wet i got almost to the top, before sliding into the side and 4 wheels spinning.
    so i backed up. i could stop, but not pull away on the hill. i reversed all the way down and took a run up staying out of my tracks but it was too muddy and i just slid into the side.
    we must of spent about half hour on this one piece. was great fun. in the end my friends pajero managed to get up. he has pure off road nobbly tires on the rear. i understand with these as long as they are spinning and flicking mud then they will grip.. so after about the 5th try we all sat in for weight, about 55 stone in total, and gave it plenty of juice. it got to the top, slid into the side again like usual causing the two passenger side wheels to come off the floor for a brief second before finding some more grip and getting to the top. if i wasnt low on derv i would of tried a bit harder, but one more try and i only got about 1 or 2 metres from good ground. i let them tow...
    after that we got a bit lost, and was in-between some fields. all these cows come over on the other side of this fence, some had horns and was staring. i $$$$ped myself and got out quick, one of them was jumping like a horse does when its angry!i have no idea where we were.
    we found a stall outside someones drive, with cakes on. 'leave money in tin' very nice home-made food.
    then a bit later down some other lane we didnt know where we were, we stopped for a toilet break, and fed the horses.
    our car was trying to go by the rule that 'if your not stuck, your not off road enough'
    very good day out
    no photos because i was driving, i have a video but thats it.
    only photo i have is of my speedo reaching 90. hehe
    Oh Nana, what's my name?
Working...
X