Red Kites And Green Laning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Kites And Green Laning.

Red Kites have nested near to my home again this year. The village nearby has become very popular, with a couple of bus loads of 'twitchers' arriving most days to see the Kites.

I set off down the woods this afternoon to see if I could spot the birds while it was quiet.

Didn't see any today but realised what a great place the woods and fields would be for green laning. Unfortunately the access road is owned by a farmer and I think the woods are owned by the forestry commission so it's a non starter I'm afraid.

Still posted a few pictures to show what could have been! That's my Jack Russell 'Brock' in some of the pictures.

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Now that i would'nt mind, dont fancy plowing through mud and slime, would'nt mind a bit of mild rock climeing either, but all that mud clogging up every orifice on the truck, no, then you gotta spend a fortnight jet washing the $hite out of it,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
      Now that i would'nt mind, dont fancy plowing through mud and slime, would'nt mind a bit of mild rock climeing either, but all that mud clogging up every orifice on the truck, no, then you gotta spend a fortnight jet washing the $hite out of it,
      you should have come to the isle of wight last weekend then
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
        I'm with you there Ian. Even though my diff is RUSTY I still don't fancy getting my truck up to the eyes in mud!

There, I've said it! Flame on dudes ................
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by pops
          you should have come to the isle of wight last weekend then
          In the Saxo!! trucks in bits

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
            I'm with you there Ian. Even though my diff is RUSTY I still don't fancy getting my truck up to the eyes in mud!

There, I've said it! Flame on dudes ................
            Yep it's good to be out the closet
            I know these things are designed to go off road but i dont believe their ment to go through a mt of slack constantly, thats why so many guys get probs afterwards, clear water, maybe river crossing, but slime,

Comment

You guys own the wrong vehicles- you need 3rd. gens.!