off road video - mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off road video - mounts

Hiya folks, anybody got any suggestions as to how to mount my video camera in my truck for filming offroad drives?? I've got a smallish digi camcorder but nowwhere to mount it securely, for a move free mount. my normal stills tripods dont work. was looking at one of the professional suction cup windscreen mount jobbies - but cost an arm and a leg.
    What do you guys use??
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Hi Jaky,

I have a suction mount that goes on the windscreen with the camera suspended underneath - I use Movie Maker which allows me to get the image back the right way.

See here for an example of how steady it is

I do have a spare clamp that could be adapted to go on a headrest if you are interested.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

been thinking about this 4 a while now, was going to go along the lines of a tripod top fitting, not the legs, just the 2 plates with the tilt/swivel adjustment, screwed into the dash somewhere. Wanted it higher up really, so it was suspended from the top of the screen or something just to one side of the rear view mirror.

but think i'm now going to just get me one of these instead http://www.firebox.com/aff.php?aff=8...oduct&pid=1732
      To be honest my offroad vids don't need to be major high resolution as all i'll probably do with them is post them up to bore you lot. The only disadvantage is that there's no screen to review what you're filming, but once it's positioned right it'd be ok. So i reckon it'd be up to the job.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
        been thinking about this 4 a while now, was going to go along the lines of a tripod top fitting, not the legs, just the 2 plates with the tilt/swivel adjustment, screwed into the dash somewhere. Wanted it higher up really, so it was suspended from the top of the screen or something just to one side of the rear view mirror.

but think i'm now going to just get me one of these instead http://www.firebox.com/aff.php?aff=8...oduct&pid=1732
        To be honest my offroad vids don't need to be major high resolution as all i'll probably do with them is post them up to bore you lot. The only disadvantage is that there's no screen to review what you're filming, but once it's positioned right it'd be ok. So i reckon it'd be up to the job.
        Nero,

Have you seen fleabay ?

Number 1 - buy it now for £84

Number 2 on auction

Trev

Comment

no, but i have now, cheers Trev. I'll see what's on there when i get some money in.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279

i've got one of those cameras its not to bad but has you say you cant review what your filming used mine at dereham offroading just strapped it to the mirror that way you can move it about, am thinking of making a stucker to attach to windscreen
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
              Nero,

Have you seen fleabay ?

Number 1 - buy it now for £84

Number 2 on auction

Trev
              Bet Woodzie would have one if they came in PINK
              Enjoying Life after Cancer
              Pops

Comment

Hey Jaky, are you going to any of the off road days at Weardale on the 21st and 22nd of July? It would be nice to meet up with some fellow North East Surfers!
                'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

magnum clamped his to his roof bars. looked a prettt straightforward clamp, and it works a treat mate, pm him if his box ever emptys
                  TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Hey Jaky,

This help ?

And another

Trev
                    Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 27 May 2007, 18:56.

Comment

Cheers Trev / guys.
                      I'm after a mount to stick to the windscreen and mount the camera looking forward - so needs to be double jointed so to speak. Thinking of buying one of those glazers glass lifters and modifying an old power drill arm brace and butchering an old tripod - before making an ar$e of it and buying a pro unit!!!
                      I just love making stuff that you cant buy (or use!!)
                      thanks again for your input!!
                      AL
                      Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
                        Cheers Trev / guys.
                        I'm after a mount to stick to the windscreen and mount the camera looking forward - so needs to be double jointed so to speak. Thinking of buying one of those glazers glass lifters and modifying an old power drill arm brace and butchering an old tripod - before making an ar$e of it and buying a pro unit!!!
                        I just love making stuff that you cant buy (or use!!)
                        thanks again for your input!!
                        AL
                        Al,

I use the Culmann on my windscreen, and I have found it to be rock solid

Comment

Working...
                        X