Sankey trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sankey trailer

Anyone worked out a way to convert the NATO hitch on a Sankey trailer to a normal one????

This might help...

http://www.lro.com/forum/viewtopic.p...753a01233b6902
    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Cheers, but I'm trying to avoid having two different fittings on the surf for the caravan and a sankey.

Anyone rekon I could get a standard hitch welded onto the sankey???

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Cocks
        Cheers, but I'm trying to avoid having two different fittings on the surf for the caravan and a sankey.

Anyone rekon I could get a standard hitch welded onto the sankey???
        I cant see why you cant at all.. Just make sure you have a welder weld it and not a DIYer with a home welding kit. You wouldnt want the trailer to pass you when your driving...

Comment

So you don't think I should buy the £99 welder in Aldi then!!!!!!!!!!???

Comment

Before I give up and go to bed......

Is that your surf on it's roof Max, and if so how?

Comment

Hey Jonathon Ross has just shown the Aldi welder on the telly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Cocks
                So you don't think I should buy the £99 welder in Aldi then!!!!!!!!!!???

I used to be a fabricator/welder and to be honest with you some of them are poo.. It might be worth paying a fabricator/welder the £99 to have the job done right with it being the main stress part of the trailer.

Yes the one on the roof was my first Surf.. my mrs (now ex) lost if on a bend and ended up rolling it through a brick wall.. she walked away without a mark on her, it just took a while for the hand marks to go from around her neck he he
                Last edited by max6674; 25 May 2007, 23:08. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
                  I used to be a fabricator/welder and to be honest with you some of them are poo.. It might be worth paying a fabricator/welder the £99 to have the job done right with it being the main stress part of the trailer.

Yes the one on the roof was my first Surf.. my mrs (now ex) lost if on a bend and ended up rolling it through a brick wall.. she walked away without a mark on her, it just took a while for the hand marks to go from around her neck he he

What about the Surf, did the scratches buff out OK?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    What about the Surf, did the scratches buff out OK?

Took a little elbow grease but it looks fine now..

Comment

You can always buy my RAF FFR Defender 110, with 12pin NATO plug and NATO tow hitch!!!!

I have heard of Sanky trailers having been converted, but I've never seen one. Like the others, see if you can get it welded. Try and get hold of another NATO tow attachment from a s$$$$ trailer so that you still have the option to use the NATO and also as a spare in case the welding goes $$$* up.

Comment

Thanks for the 110 offer but the plan was to have a cheap trailer!!!!!!

Keeping an eye on fleabey now or may have a crack at making my own!!

Comment

will a ball and pin hitch not work???
                          Gaz

Comment

Apparently not. I've been told that the ring on the NATo hitch is too thick.

Comment

Working...
                            X