Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poorly Jeep

Hi Guys,

Sorry to put this on here but I picked up on a query raised by one of the guys on the Airsoft forum who has a problem with his Grand Cherokee, which sounds a lots like the problems we get with 2.4s.

However, below is the details he's sent me by PM.

Hi, the car is using a lot of water and it has started running like a bag of $$$$, there is no water in the oil, there are no bubbles in the expansion tank and it doesn't overheat.

Anyone had one of these in the past and heard of similar problems or come across something similar? I know the sensible answer is to tell him to sell it and by a 3.0L Surf but he's stuck with this at the moment and needs to get it going properly.

Thanks
    Mike G

cracked heads isn't solely a surf thing, have a mate who cracked a head on a paj, can't say i've heard of it on a jeep but then again i only know one person with a jeep, and she hasn't had it long.

If it was cracked head i'd expect it to overheat, could it just be leaking somewhere and the $hite running's unrelated?
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Anythings possible. I've not come across anything like that myself, although I've had plenty of cars than ran badly, but it was usually something obvious once I'd looked into it.

I'll try and get a bit more info but he's not online at the moment.
      Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
        Hi Guys,

Sorry to put this on here but I picked up on a query raised by one of the guys on the Airsoft forum who has a problem with his Grand Cherokee, which sounds a lots like the problems we get with 2.4s.

However, below is the details he's sent me by PM.

Anyone had one of these in the past and heard of similar problems or come across something similar? I know the sensible answer is to tell him to sell it and by a 3.0L Surf but he's stuck with this at the moment and needs to get it going properly.

Thanks

I have a 4ltr one. The cooling systems are known to be a bit on the pants side and they need flushing oftern. The rads have a tendancy to get pin holes in also so after a good flush a spot of radweld may be needed.
        -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Tell him to have a look here at least he can put his mind at ease! i got the combustion gas tester and arrived pretty quick and worked for me! (well told me i had not gas in the coolant, so like i said worked for me!)

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Concept-Too...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COMBUSTION-LEA...QQcmdZViewItem
          it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Working...
          X