Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wire some led's

I`m looking for some advice.

I want to install about 10 led bulbs to a switch on the dash I have some white led’s in holders with the resistor built in. I also have an illuminated rocker switch with three connection terminals on the rear.

The front spots are wired to a switch close by they only work when the side lights are on and the switch is on. I would like the led’s to work in the same way. could I just run a spur off the spot’s for the side light connection and the earth then with the third connection run that to the led’s. then just run an earth to the black on each led.

Do I need to install a fuse anywhere if so what amp should it be? And last of all how should the 3 terminals be wired on the switch?

I had a little go today I’m no expert on auto wiring and ended up blowing the 20amp fuse on the side lights!!!

Originally posted by hiroler

I want to install about 10 led bulbs to a switch on the dash I have some white led’s in holders with the resistor built in. I also have an illuminated rocker switch with three connection terminals on the rear.

The front spots are wired to a switch close by they only work when the side lights are on and the switch is on. I would like the led’s to work in the same way. could I just run a spur off the spot’s for the side light connection and the earth then with the third connection run that to the led’s. then just run an earth to the black on each led.

Do I need to install a fuse anywhere if so what amp should it be? And last of all how should the 3 terminals be wired on the switch?

I had a little go today I’m no expert on auto wiring and ended up blowing the 20amp fuse on the side lights!!!
    ian's the led man
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler

Are your spots wired through a relay?, they should be, ya wont need a fuse just for the leds if thats what you mean, 10 leds will draw very little, sounds like the spots blew the fuse, is the switch a three position switch? on-off-on,
      or two position with a light in it?,
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

the switch does have a light. there are three wires one to the spots with a relay in the engine bay. on to earth and one to the side lights. on the new switch how do i wire the pins there is a top middle and bottom pin? one will be earth one will be the side lights and on the led's.

oh and its a 2 position switch.

Comment

Working...
        X