my new surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new surf

Well got my surf "love it" now need some info anyone know who in the north east will change the cam belt? and secondly the speed indication is in kmph not mph is it acceptable for me to simply "sticker" it or do I need to change it?
    cheers ck

Keith you obviously got back ok. Good luck hope all goes well.

Comment

From what I understand the speedo needs to show MPH not KPH. Does it show both? I have a colleague who imported a Skyline and he reckons that because his shows predominantly KPH and MPH in the inner ring, thats OK.
      Best to check though!
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Hmmm...
        Got me wondering now.
        My speedo is only KMH Not a problem for me.. i'm used to it.
        I know that it would fail an SVA test if it were put through one as it must show speed in MPH to pass. But as the vehicle was older than 10 years it does'nt need one. This was not an issue when being MOT'd.

Latest SVA manual is here (March 2004)
        http://www.via.gov.uk/vehicle_testin...nual_draft.pdf
        Ian
        One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Originally posted by curlyk
          Well got my surf "love it" now need some info anyone know who in the north east will change the cam belt? and secondly the speed indication is in kmph not mph is it acceptable for me to simply "sticker" it or do I need to change it?
          cheers ck

nice one keith, bet you are like a kid with a new toy, i still am and i,ve had it 6mth. look forward to seeing another surf in town. maybe a trip to langdale m8? theres about 11 going now.

ship

Comment

James you lost some keys and glasses?

ship yep another in town next door aint happy? I have "knicked" a bit of their 3 cars space? he he, cam belt getting done tues just aboout to get a thatchem alarm/ immobiliser and the thing given a pro valet with some diamond glaze, then all I need is a pair of shades and some sun,

thinking about this langdale bit (once I have figured out all the bells and whistles) anyone know what the "conlight" contraption on my dashboard is? its a little round thing with switch on? dont seem to do anything?
            cheers keith

Comment

Glases don't matter, what keys are they?

I'm guessing as I dont know remember being short of any it may not be a problem but if it is about 3 on a plain ring I could really do with them.

Any chance of you sending them to me if so? I can always send a pre paid jiffy envelope from here up to you with my details on.

Cheers

James

Ps I will change my avatar photo over the weekend, if you want the photo for yours let me know and I will mail it across.
              Last edited by Jameswood345; 13 February 2004, 18:24.

Comment

James yes 3 on ring got your address so will send them on
                cheers Keith

Comment

Team Valley Transmissions Ltd. in Washington (0191 4157254) have done good work on my Surf and would recommend them.

Keith

Comment

Thanks Keith thats very good of you mate

Comment

Working...
                    X