Dropping fluids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping fluids

Right as it's nice and sunny and not very windy, I'm going to drop my gearbox, transfer box, front and rear diffs, and power steering fluids and replace with fresh oil.

Should take until mid afternoon I reckon. I might do my fuel filter too.

What servicing is everyone else doing today???

I just washed my truck, does this count?
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
      What servicing is everyone else doing today???
      just off to see Mrs Slug now, but boys are home, so proabably just watch eastenders omnibus!!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Putting the number plate on, it's been sat in the windscreen since November
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

i replaced my top fuel pump seals yesterday, well started Wednesday and just adjusted the pump yesterday. a word of advice if your new to fixing your cars, like me, and have a non EFI beast give it to someone else to do!! Its not easy.

But its still not really drivable as i noticed that the pipe on the outflow of the turbo (dipstick end) has a hole on it and as soon as the turbo is up to pressure it blows oil every where!
          it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

The only fluid dropping around here is the stuff which falls from the sky.

Lawnmower out lawnmower in, in out all day long. I haven't got to pulling the start cord yet.

I think I will head for the den and sample some refreshing fluids.

JB
            www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
              i replaced my top fuel pump seals yesterday, well started Wednesday and just adjusted the pump yesterday. a word of advice if your new to fixing your cars, like me, and have a non EFI beast give it to someone else to do!! Its not easy.
              You managed to get a seal kit for your pump? Wasn't plumb bob looking for one of those, or did he have further pump problems to boot?

Comment

Just fixed a puncture on Rowans bike , Now veggin out as have to be in work at six tonight
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                  Just fixed a puncture on Rowans bike , Now veggin out as have to be in work at six tonight

Parp!

That's for Rowan.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    Parp!

That's for Rowan.
                    He is still telling people about your farting dogs
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                      He is still telling people about your farting dogs

Hehehe!! Harry is jet propelled!

Comment

Now half cut
                        www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Well that went OK. I did the main, transfer gearboxes, front and rear diffs, power steering fluids and the diesel filter.

I really do need to get the same diameter hose for the power steering out pipe so that I can put it into my oil drain tub. Did the usual, removed the out hose from the tank, jammed a funnel into it and got my mate to start the engine while I pored fresh oil into the funnel until the whole system was flushed through with new oil. Trouble is the oil pis*es everywhere. It left a right mess that i had to clean up.

The transfer box oil was cloudy for some reason. Either it was because I just went out in it before draining it and there was lots of micro bubbles of air in it, or it had water in it. This might have happened from getting the jet wash too close to the seals. I will see what it's like in a few months.

Anyhow, it goes like the wind now with a fresh diesel filter and new fluids in...

Comment

Working...
                          X