Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Driving Experience

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd share this with you...had my first off road driving experience today. Only thing was I wasn't driving and it wasn't in my surf.

I went to the Devon County Show today and they had a 4x4 off road driving track there. I paid the bloke £8 for me and my son to have a trip in a... (dare I say it)... Mitsubishi Pajero and he took us around the track, it was pretty good but I would've prefered it in a surf. Its made me more determined to pluck up the courage and have a go myself in my own surf. I was surprised at how much you can get them to lean over without actually tipping it...he got it to 35 degrees, don't know if thats good or not but I was pretty impressed.

So now its time to start looking at the local tracks and maybe get somone to instruct me on how to do it properly as my only solo experience was churning up a field when it was raining one day.

Sorry if I've bored anyone.
    When the going gets tough...The Surf gets going!!!

Originally posted by ninja_king
    Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd share this with you...had my first off road driving experience today. Only thing was I wasn't driving and it wasn't in my surf.

I went to the Devon County Show today and they had a 4x4 off road driving track there. I paid the bloke £8 for me and my son to have a trip in a... (dare I say it)... Mitsubishi Pajero and he took us around the track, it was pretty good but I would've prefered it in a surf. Its made me more determined to pluck up the courage and have a go myself in my own surf. I was surprised at how much you can get them to lean over without actually tipping it...he got it to 35 degrees, don't know if thats good or not but I was pretty impressed.

So now its time to start looking at the local tracks and maybe get somone to instruct me on how to do it properly as my only solo experience was churning up a field when it was raining one day.

Sorry if I've bored anyone.
    Hiya Paul glad you both enjoyed yourselves but you cant beat driving yourself.Why not join us in September for the RTTS.Its an ideal course for beginners and you won't be the only learner there either and you shouldn't get any vehicle damage either
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

You should have seen the grin on L3Mm1n6 when doing the Tennyson today
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        You should have seen the grin on L3Mm1n6 when doing the Tennyson today
        like this?
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
          Hiya Paul glad you both enjoyed yourselves but you cant beat driving yourself.Why not join us in September for the RTTS.Its an ideal course for beginners and you won't be the only learner there either and you shouldn't get any vehicle damage either
          I'd love to Richard but that means getting fitted up with 4 new off roading tyres and at the mo I'm skint...Its not an excuse and I promise one day (maybe even next year if your still doing it) I will come down for it. Thanks for the invite tho'.

Comment

Originally posted by pops
            like this?
            My smile would've been as big as that if I was in my surf and not the Pajero.

Comment

I'd love to Richard but that means getting fitted up with 4 new off roading tyres and at the mo I'm skint...Its not an excuse and I promise one day (maybe even next year if your still doing it) I will come down for it. Thanks for the invite tho'.
              There is always the plain .......but avoid mud at the mo
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Someone is bound to have a set of wheels/tyres you could borrow on the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                  There is always the plain .......but avoid mud at the mo
                  ???????? Where is the plain? and I thought the whole idea about off roading was to get in as much mud as possible to get as dirty as possible

Comment

There were a couple of trucks with road tyres on last year and they made it ok.If you wanna join us and have a ride around and see if your truck will be able to do it then you can or join us for some laning on the sunday and you will be perfectly ok with road tyres as the lanes are just scenic lanes as we don't want people getting any damage for traveling home.Take a look at the pics in the St Just laning thread

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      Someone is bound to have a set of wheels/tyres you could borrow on the day.
                      if i get my comp in time then you can always have the use of my colway a.t's Paul

Comment

I've done both the IOW & Salisbury Plains with road tyres - NO excuse !
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                          I've done both the IOW & Salisbury Plains with road tyres - NO excuse !
                          You got me Trev...I dont like the way I keep hearing about damage...sounds like this off roading could be expensive

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                            if i get my comp in time then you can always have the use of my colway a.t's Paul
                            Thanks Richard...I'll have a think about it. Its in September isn't it?

Comment

You got me Trev...I dont like the way I keep hearing about damage...sounds like this off roading could be expensive
                              Yea the 7th 8th and 9th
                              Off roading and pub meal on the saturday and laning on the sunday

The main reason for getting damage is people going mad or stupid like i did at Salisbury at xmas and ended up having to get another turbo as i never cleaned the rad out b4 leaving there to come home and had a bit of heating issues and loss of oil pressure

Comment

Working...
                              X