Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifted surfs

hi, does anyone have any pics of surfs lifted at 2" and at 4"
    the 4" kit has a lot more stuff to it and is a lot more money, i think ill just go for the 2" kit, unless anyone has any advice otherwise.
    i dont have the money for the 4" kit so its most likely 2" or no"
    Ta!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by tonyppe
    hi, does anyone have any pics of surfs lifted at 2" and at 4"
    the 4" kit has a lot more stuff to it and is a lot more money, i think ill just go for the 2" kit, unless anyone has any advice otherwise.
    i dont have the money for the 4" kit so its most likely 2" or no"
    Ta!

think you've made your decision
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

I would make sure your 100% about wanting to lift it because even 2" makes the handling shockingly worse! I was suprised by how much slower i have to take corners now.

If you do want to go ahead with it i can recommend the 2" coil spacers from 4crawler!

£60 odd gets you a 2" lift! parts for making a body lift kit are only about £30-£40 so all in £100 gets you a 4" lift in total.

Its the larger tyres that are the real sting!

Comment

my truck has had 2" sus and 3" body lift it also has 33" tyres they do rub a little on full lock but nothing major. here is a pic

Comment

3" sus and 2" body is probably most cost effective / requires fewest mods.

HOWEVER, winding the front torsion bars up too much causes excessively bouncy front end. I've experienced this! However, balljoint spacers should cure this as it means I can wind the bars back down again. Getting my spacers from Surfenstein, got bodylift kit from Jotto, got Landcruiser springs from Millners, and the bits for keeping the body on straight from Bushwhacker.

Do a site search, loads of info on how and why!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
            I would make sure your 100% about wanting to lift it because even 2" makes the handling shockingly worse! I was suprised by how much slower i have to take corners now.
            Cant believe you're saying this TBH. The back end of mine is better with the 'cruiser springs and 3000s than it was on the original Surf suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler
              my truck has had 2" sus and 3" body lift it also has 33" tyres they do rub a little on full lock but nothing major. here is a pic
              Nice truck, and good to meet you last week in Salisbury....

This is mine with +2" on the front and +3" on the back, with Landcruiser springs, and a Milners 1.5" body lift.....

Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                Nice truck, and good to meet you last week in Salisbury....

This is mine with +2" on the front and +3" on the back, with Landcruiser springs, and a Milners 1.5" body lift.....

Thats +4.5" on the back shirley? The springs alone give something like 3".

This is mine with same but 2" bodylift and different wheels. Needs 33s really...

Comment

I like the way the back is taller on mine, looks really cool!!

Loads of comments from people near me, and at work (the security guard thinks it's hilarious I drive that to the office)....

I'll need to measure to see how much higher it all is from standard now, but I think it ROCKS!!!!!!! (maybe due to no longer having the rear arb...)

Comment

i didnt know there were so many options to choose from.
                    i have heard about body lift but ive thought its too much work? i wouldnt even know where to start.
                    ill do a forum search tomorrow, its too late for me now, ill be on here another hour or so otherwise and be too tired tomorrow.
                    the surfs that were posted look very nice.
                    i would like something like madsurfer. i have landcruiser alloys on mine = 16" rims and bfg tyres

this is my surf
                    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...7406&rd=1&rd=1

i dont have any newer pics apart from the carpet ones..

on the front of the red surf, is your bumper got a gap because its had the body lift?
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                      I'll need to measure to see how much higher it all is from standard now, but I think it ROCKS!!!!!!! (maybe due to no longer having the rear arb...)
                      is it a shaggin' waggin'?
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

apache:
                        your roof has got a bar full of lights right? like i see on the landrovers. that looks very nice.
                        were they hard to fit? i bet they help at night
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

is it a shaggin' waggin'?
                          Sadly no - just lots of time wallowing in the brown stuff....mud that is....

Comment

i didnt know there were so many options to choose from.
                            i have heard about body lift but ive thought its too much work? i wouldnt even know where to start.
                            ill do a forum search tomorrow, its too late for me now, ill be on here another hour or so otherwise and be too tired tomorrow.
                            i would like something like madsurfer. i have landcruiser alloys on mine = 16" rims and bfg tyres

this is my surf
                            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...7406&rd=1&rd=1

i dont have any newer pics apart from the carpet ones..

on the front of the red surf, is your bumper got a gap because its had the body lift?
                            It's cos he's too bleeding lazy to fit the bumper lift brackets

Mine has bigger bodylift, but there's two brackets that lift the bumper back up.

Bodylift is dead easy, especially smaller ones.

Comment

Who?????

And yes, the gap is cos I didn't get the bumper brackets, that Vince was going to send to me

Comment

Working...
                              X