Is This True?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This True?

Just been doing my usual trawl of Surf parts on ebay and saw this question asked of someone selling a 3rd gen (someone from here)?

Q: what cash price can u take? the japanese govertment has agreed a low customs deal with african countries in march, so the surfs/landcruisers are going direct from japan which has collappsed the british export market so theres not much demand and prices have fallen as you may have seen 13-May-07

A: Please ! I have had at least 4 e-mails trying to get me accept silly prices for various reasons. If these cars are now being shipped to Africa there will be fewer on UK market. If you want one of the newer versions of the Surf place a bid. If not buy another car !!

Does anyone know if it's true about the Japanese gov. shipping cheap vehicles to Africa? Or is the guy talking bull in the hope he gets it cheap?
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Sounds like BULL as we will pay the same price at a Jap auction as will everybody else.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Surely if they are all going to africa - then fewer will come here - so supply has dropped - but demand is the same - so in my book - the prices will go up??
      I wonder if this "buyer" would seriously even contemplate traveling out to africa and bringing a surf back with him??
      Should have replied " I will accept £10,000 - as this is a snip of what it would cost you to travel out to africa, buy the car with high exchange rate, transport it back, pay the new african goods import tax (40%), and then try to insure and service an african import"
      Last edited by jaky cakes; 14 May 2007, 17:58.
      Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
        Surely if they are all going to africa - then fewer will come here - so supply has dropped - but demand is the same - so in my book - the prices will go up??

I think the reason for drop in sales over here is everyone was scared of the 400 quid road tax that didn't affect us.
        Sales will pick up again and so will the prices.

Comment

Working...
        X