The day after

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The day after

Cleaned me truck yesterday after the Pit, 2 1/2 hours later clean truck road washed down all looked ok. That was until I looked at the road today nice chalky, clay residue all over it, please rain.
    Attached Files
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

hehehe.... popular neighbour!!!

Taking ours down the jet wash at the garage tomorrow!! Let them clean it up!
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

hijack a roadsweeper tomorrow, thats a cringer alright

Comment

Looks like you need to locate a deep ford on the route home. I have been known to use the ford at Great Alne after a days off-roading to get rid of the worst of it!

http://web.bham.ac.uk/L.Chapman/warwickshire.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
          Cleaned me truck yesterday after the Pit, 2 1/2 hours later clean truck road washed down all looked ok. That was until I looked at the road today nice chalky, clay residue all over it, please rain.
          Look Out Devils Pit
          Koi is setting up his own Off Road Centre
          DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

I spoke to Jason yesterday and he cleaned his Surf for the first time, after the pit. " On his parents drive." How thoughtful of him. He said when he went back to his parents house the air was blue. Cant understand why?.
            Geoff.
            Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Drove to Watford today and temp gauge shot up doing 70mph, kept down to 60mph it stayed as normal.
              Now I jet washed me rad out through the front grille when I cleaned the truck.
              Given the symptons I thought blocked rad (got the air con rad in front of the coolant rad). So took off the front grille for a better look, loads of muck blocking it.
              Jet washed it out, took for spin up motorway 70+mph fine. So jet washing through the grille just aint good enough.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                Drove to Watford today and temp gauge shot up doing 70mph, kept down to 60mph it stayed as normal.
                Given the symptons I thought blocked rad (got the air con rad in front of the coolant rad). So took off the front grille for a better look, loads of muck blocking it.
                Jet washed it out, took for spin up motorway 70+mph fine. So jet washing through the grille just aint good enough.
                Good news, glad it was as simple as that

Cheers

Comment

Gave mine a blast with the power washer on sunday to try and remove the worst of it .

Now for three days there has been tyre tracks for about 200 yards down or road leading right into my drive, I cant even pretend it wasn't me !

Also you can spot every parking space I have used at work as there is a small collection of clay surounding the spot !

Then there is the footwell ! .... seems to coat my shoes , and a trail leads up the stairs to the bedroom .

Still had fun though!!!
                  http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                    Koi
                    when mine boiled up on the way back from reading it was the same problem. I took a leaf out of Gamedawns book and took the fan off and cleaned it from the in side and down in the bottom corners where the cowl covers it. Must admit it took a lot of time to get it flowing clean water but I wont make that mistake again. Just hope they got plenty of water there on the 29th.
                    Geoff.
                    Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

I dropped in to the local jet wash on the way back from the pit. After 20 minutes continuous hosing the truck was just about clean enough to need a wash and the jet wash drain was completely blocked I was considering another 5 minutes worth but one look at the puddle I was standing in convinced me a sharp exit was called for. Good job I only do it once a month
                      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

I popped down to the local jet wash yesterday... lovely big pile of mud and a HUGE pudde left after 20 mins.... was gonna pop it through the carwash to finish it off, but I made a speedy exit instead when I saw the mess....

Glad your smurf's ok Nigel!
                        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

**look New Exhaurst**

Originally posted by rubblebags
                          I spoke to Jason yesterday and he cleaned his Surf for the first time, after the pit. " On his parents drive." How thoughtful of him. He said when he went back to his parents house the air was blue. Cant understand why?.
                          Geoff.
                          I NOW HAVE SOME PIC OF THE SURF AND YELLOW DASH
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Jason; 12 February 2004, 20:26.
                          http://www.datalas.com/cellar/drive1.gifTHE VEHICLE IN FRONT IS ANOTHER SURF 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by Jason

You have been tangoed

My 4x4
                            My choice
                            Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                              Before you go asking silly questions, he painted it so it matched his wellies.
                              Thats what he told me.

Geoff.
                              Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Working...
                              X