No announcement yet.

Another one bites the dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck with your Venture Paul. Those dogs are not going to like it.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
      vivaro's are ok,,

untill the fuel pump goes,,

£1000+ is the damage, it's a non servicable item, and astras are the same.

thats from around a W reg if i'm not mistaken.

no doubt someone will blow me down in flames in a mo

cheers scotty

Try getting a fuel pump for a 1989 surf Ha! £1000.00, small change!

Anyway good luck with the venture, vivaro's a good size van for that type of work.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
        Try getting a fuel pump for a 1989 surf Ha! £1000.00, small change!

Anyway good luck with the venture, vivaro's a good size van for that type of work.
        Plumb bob, you seen the thread over on the OZ site about the chinese/taiwanese pattern pump?

Comment

sorry paul,

should have said, best of luck, hope everything goes well

cheers scotty

Comment

Thanks for the good wishes guys, here's hopin'.
            I know what you mean Mark, it doesn't help when you're towing a Hobby caravan
            the pikeys favourite, some sites won't let Hobbies on, let alone ones towed by "white van man"
            Luckily most of our vannin' is with the TCC so no probs there.
            Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

i use my surf for work and it's better than any van

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                Plumb bob, you seen the thread over on the OZ site about the chinese/taiwanese pattern pump?

Hi Matt, yes I've seen that, I sent an email to that company a while back and got no reply,but I've cotacted a guy who's posted to Okenawa in japan who says theres loads of 2nd gens in junk yards over there.

The only problem with the chinese firm is their minimum order is 10 units, at $450.00 USD + $61 shipping.

So if I can find 9 other people who need a pump for a 2LT then I'm in business.
                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
                  yep me too, and worth concidering ...if you register for veggie it is deductable in part as is all fuel and running costs and it brings down the operating costs, if you have another vehicle you might even get away with 100% deductions - got mine up to 90% now!, I think my accountant convinced them that as there is little deprecation claimed, I should have more expences or something like that!
                  Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                  Tony

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
                    Would love too, but being a handyman means that you never know what you will need at the next job, ladders, power tools etc. and even with my underfloor storage there just aint enough space, also having 2 grandkids I cant keep putting the rear seats up and down all the time and putting child seats in and out.
                    Thought about using a trailer but space at home and security were a big problem.
                    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                      Hi Matt, yes I've seen that, I sent an email to that company a while back and got no reply,but I've cotacted a guy who's posted to Okenawa in japan who says theres loads of 2nd gens in junk yards over there.

The only problem with the chinese firm is their minimum order is 10 units, at $450.00 USD + $61 shipping.

So if I can find 9 other people who need a pump for a 2LT then I'm in business.

theres a guy on yotatech ripping bits off surfs in japan and posting them out, worth asking him mate.
                      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Working...
                      X