No announcement yet.

Town fuel consumption?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i used reddex and stp not long ago and ive noticed a lot smoother gear changes and better pulling power.
    if its my dodgy injectors..... i will keep putting reddex through until i get 50mpg
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
      300km outta £30. Bout 94p a litre here...
      300 = 187.5 miles

£30 into gallons at 93.9p = 31.95 litres = 7.022 gallons (uk mind, not US)

187.5/7.022 = 26.702mpg

is this for a 2.4 bibs?
      Yup - If that is how you work it out. Honest.
      How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
        Yup - If that is how you work it out. Honest.
        Oooops just read it was sposed to be 97 does that make much difference

Comment

Oooops just read it was sposed to be 97 does that make much difference
          yes it means you will get less miles per gallon because if the price per litre is higher it means you buy less gallons for that amount of money.
          grr
          im switching to vegetable oil
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
            You're supposed to have the engine running going down hills.
            He's from Lincs, there aint no hills over there!
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

managed to get 175km till the needle is back where it was when i put the score in.
              = this means i get 24.36mpg thats not too bad...
              to try and get as much economy as possible ive been driving around without the needle going above 2000rpm. unless i really needed to eg to do 40mph going up hill.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Sounds about right for a 3.0. but abit low for a 2.4.

I get about 6.5km/L (17mpg) around town unladen and about 9km/L (25mpg) on a long run laden.

My vehicle is pretty heavy & has the aerodynamics of a brick: steel split rims, 750/16 Michelins, ARB winch bumper, snorkel, home made roofrack, spots on the roof, sand tracks bolted to the sides etc, etc.

Around town I guess I have a GVM of at least 2000kg and on a run:2900kg + (I know because I got weighed by the Police last time out). There's some pics of my overloading on my website as evidence for the prosecution. By the way, I support all that load on OME nitrocharger shocks and HD springs.
                @africa4x4cafe
                [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

I got 26.05MPG out of mine after my head change, and that's with new oil and filter, whole bottle of 8 treatment diesel Redex and going steady at 60mph.

I have to drive 31Km (my odo is in Kms) each way to work every day and it's more country roads than decent trunk road.

I fill it right to the top and re-fuel when it gets to quarter of a tank. It usually does between 360-420Kms for this and it doesn't seem to change whether I'm thrashing it or taking it easy.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by bundubasher
                    Sounds about right for a 3.0. but abit low for a 2.4.

I get about 6.5km/L (17mpg) around town unladen and about 9km/L (25mpg) on a long run laden.

My vehicle is pretty heavy & has the aerodynamics of a brick: steel split rims, 750/16 Michelins, ARB winch bumper, snorkel, home made roofrack, spots on the roof, sand tracks bolted to the sides etc, etc.

Around town I guess I have a GVM of at least 2000kg and on a run:2900kg + (I know because I got weighed by the Police last time out). There's some pics of my overloading on my website as evidence for the prosecution. By the way, I support all that load on OME nitrocharger shocks and HD springs.
                    mine is a 2.4...
                    what might affect it is i have a K&N connected directly to the turbo. i can get 5psi boost at 1800rpm in overdrive. may be too much air is going in and the computer is chucking in diesel to compensate?
                    i keep thinking about this and think that this should help with economy. not the other way around..

my turbo pipes are a bit pooey. ive got 1.75" diameter pipes and its not very free flowing. i will try to sort this the weekend i think.
                    plus my intercooler is laced with oil - that cant be good.
                    my exhaust is knackered too. but this is being done saturday morning.
                    bit of tlc i think
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

yes it means you will get less miles per gallon because if the price per litre is higher it means you buy less gallons for that amount of money.
                      grr
                      im switching to vegetable oil

Ha ha ha ha yeah yeah didn't mean it like that - may be stupid but not that stupid. I meant does it make a huge diff on the mpg.

Comment

Ha ha ha ha yeah yeah didn't mean it like that - may be stupid but not that stupid. I meant does it make a huge diff on the mpg.
                        yes
                        it means you now get 27.56mpg
                        my explanation was wrong before.
                        if the price per fuel is higher, you actually bought less fuel but still went the same distance.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

yes
                          it means you now get 27.56mpg
                          my explanation was wrong before.
                          if the price per fuel is higher, you actually bought less fuel but still went the same distance.

Gotcha........OMG summat wrong somewhere then

Comment

Working...
                          X