anyone seen the news tonite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone seen the news tonite

they was on about a car thats like a four wheel bike but runs on electric called something like geewhizzz. now thats green for you aint it it just crushes up on impact now thats very green give me my surf anyday least it aint going to go on a dump after a accident, green my rrrrr's only green that thing is is when they bury you in a grave

Will it fit in the back of a SURF
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
      they was on about a car thats like a four wheel bike but runs on electric called something like geewhizzz. now thats green for you aint it it just crushes up on impact now thats very green give me my surf anyday least it aint going to go on a dump after a accident, green my rrrrr's only green that thing is is when they bury you in a grave
      Batteries are heavy. The higher the mass, the higher the inertia, so the higher the energy to dissipate in a crash. It follows that electric cars will be harder to make crashworthy than conventional cars, until battery technology improves.

I bet that cheap as chips thing doesn't use leading edge battery technology, and if it did use Lithium Polymer (light / high energy density) they'd need to make them very safe as they have a tendency to burst into flames if damaged!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        lol yeah looks like it will aswell lol

Comment

Stick some offroad bits on it & whizz round TESCO to do the Shopping
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            Only in Bit's 'n' Pieces, Marky

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

I dealt with several G-wiz vehicles with accident damage . Made from a fibreglass composite body they are quite easy to fix . The worst I dealt with had met a lorry side on and survived , need a new side and roof , most of which unbolt in little time . They even have A/C fitted !
              Not a lover of them style wise , but they do get you around London and are Congestion Charge free. Perfect tree hugger transport.

Last edited by Vagrant No2; 9 May 2007, 22:21.
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Here's the crash test http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/new...tm?bw=bb&mp=wm

Not sure I like what the distibuter has to say. Yes the car might be slow but what about whatever hits it?

Think I'll stick with my surf
                Last edited by sv1000spilot; 10 May 2007, 10:38. Reason: link didn't work
                My other cars a QUAD
                (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Like it was said on the news, they're only supposed to be for tootling around the city. It's got to be safer for that purpose than a pushbike / moped / motor cycle. Anyone who drives it on the motorway (if it's allowed?) would be mad.

I think it was just a slow news day yesterday.
                  'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Working...
                  X