Help Needed Not Surf Related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed Not Surf Related

Not Surf related but figured you guys may know where to track down either, some 1/2" UNF Left Hand screwed rod, or some 1/2" UNF Left Hand bolts 6" long if possible. I'm after replacing the hilighted area with a rose joint.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/at...1&d=1178659789

Not got the attachment thing right by looks of it & couldn't work how to do thumbnails but hope it worked.

Alan...

Try here http://www.nu-screwandnut.co.uk/ . I get alot of my stuff from them as they do UNF , UNC etc .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Most places tend to deal with metric only these days, but two places worth trying are Bapp Bolts in Barnsley and Sheffield Nut & Bolt, in.............. Sheffield.

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
        Try here http://www.nu-screwandnut.co.uk/ . I get alot of my stuff from them as they do UNF , UNC etc .
        Nothing in catalogue but have emailed them thanks

Alan...

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
          Most places tend to deal with metric only these days, but two places worth trying are Bapp Bolts in Barnsley and Sheffield Nut & Bolt, in.............. Sheffield.
          I'm in Sheffield tomorrow I'll go over to Rotherham to Sheffield Nut & Bolt

Thanks

Alan...

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton
            I'm in Sheffield tomorrow I'll go over to Rotherham to Sheffield Nut & Bolt

Thanks

Alan...
            Bugger. I'll use bad memory as an excuse.
            Last edited by MattF; 9 May 2007, 18:19.

Comment

Well after trying 4 places in Sheffield including Sheff Nut & Bolt no joy, one guy even laughed & said I had more chance plaiting fog. So it looks like back to drawing board, some sold LH nuts but no bolts, which poses the question what are the nuts used for?

Alan...

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton
                Well after trying 4 places in Sheffield including Sheff Nut & Bolt no joy, one guy even laughed & said I had more chance plaiting fog. So it looks like back to drawing board, some sold LH nuts but no bolts, which poses the question what are the nuts used for?

Alan...

Left handed people?

I'll have a search........................ .............

Comment

The only stuff I found was special order and from the U.S.
                  Can you not use normal metric threaded rod with nyloc nuts if it's just for anti-vibration?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    The only stuff I found was special order and from the U.S.
                    Can you not use normal metric threaded rod with nyloc nuts if it's just for anti-vibration?
                    Oh, I know this is instantly going to put me down on geek level, but that will totally ruin the originality and uniqueness.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                      Oh, I know this is instantly going to put me down on geek level, but that will totally ruin the originality and uniqueness.

But it's a trike isn't it?

Comment

I ain't got the foggiest.

Comment

Originally posted by MATTF
                          Why it'll give it more originality and uniqueness. becuase the other don't have them
                          Nope, Avatar updated

Alan...
                          EDIT: Spelling

Comment

Working...
                          X