Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new carpet!

hello welcome back
    i have decided to dye my carpet in my truck from the grey (well grey and muddy brown) it has been, and to get it all black like brand new. the condition is good - nice and fluffy. ive always had rubber matts down so i think thats helped. see pictures

as you can see its like brand new. i also did the carpet in the boot. it doesnt take long really. the seats come out in a matter of about 2 minutes each.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by tonyppe
    hello welcome back
    i have decided to dye my carpet in my truck from the grey (well grey and muddy brown) it has been, and to get it all black like brand new. the condition is good - nice and fluffy. ive always had rubber matts down so i think thats helped. see pictures

as you can see its like brand new. i also did the carpet in the boot. it doesnt take long really. the seats come out in a matter of about 2 minutes each.

Splendid!

What did you use, and how?

Comment

Nice SHAGPILE
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

That looks amazing! Well done mate!

I 2nd bushwhackers Q!!

Comment

missed one:
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Splendid!
            What did you use, and how?
            i used this: http://www.valeterspride.co.uk/index...T&productid=69

i bought 5 litres, i did the whole lot, including the boot and rear of back seats in the boot, i slapped it on so i did it good and i used less than half the bottle. and i spilt some.
            the instructions is use in a well ventilated area. follow instructions. i got up when i run out in my little dish and nearly fell over.
            in all it cost me 22 squid, an old chinese plastic tray we somehow always keep, and 2 brushes - one thick one thin. i didnt take the carpet out so i used the thin for the edges. then i just painted it on.
            i will be happy to pass what i have left on to someone for a fraction. i dont like how they charged me 6 quid postage but hey.
            oh and wear gloves if you can get them, i didnt and it was hard getting the stuff off. so i part filled the sink with white spirit, got the nail brush and started scrubbing my hands arms and fingers. the nail brush disintegrated because it was plastic, and my arms stung a bit
            you can get gloves from petrol stations for free, aswel as towels if you need them.
            i even did the door cards.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

oh i did hoover before, it takes 2 seconds when the seats are out. and the clip you see is the seatbelt not on warning light. that thing gets on my nerves in the dark.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Do you think it would be suitable to use on the seats?

Comment

yes, but dont apply too much. and im not sure about dyeing seats that arnt already supposed to be black. i think black seats that have faded would be fine.
                  but when it dries it goes a bit stiff. so on the carpet you can feel it isnt as soft as the un-dyed stuff. but what you do is rub it with your hand and its back to normal. imagine dried hair gel but not as bad.
                  under your foot you dont notice, but on seats it might be different.
                  my mate wanted to do his car - seats, carpet, headlining, gear shift gaitor. i said no.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

thanks for your support
                    im going to tint the back window sometime soon. i have like a mirrored tint that is sort of like a brown mirro on the rear most sides. but i think this will be too dark for the rear
                    i want to get a decent steering wheel but dont know what to get. i want to spend less than 90 quid and it has to be round and not some dodgy shape. any ideas?
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

That looks good and a dam sight easier than wot i did, replaced mine with some black carpet off ebay, a real pain to do, also painted the lower trim with satin black, looks better than the scuffed up grey, if you do it make sure you use some plastic primer on there first so the black takes,
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

that looks good. I`ve been looking for something to sort the carpet out in my surf!! so ive just ordered me the 5lt tub i will post some pics when its done!

Comment

When I was a car valeter we used to spray the carpets Matt Black. We also had a product, called Midnight, you could put in those plastic sprayers. Matt Black gave the best finish.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hornet
                            When I was a car valeter we used to spray the carpets Matt Black. We also had a product, called Midnight, you could put in those plastic sprayers. Matt Black gave the best finish.
                            i just dabbed it on with a brush. i did think about a spray but i would of needed to mask all the edges. im too lazy for that hehe
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                            X