CB radio's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB radio's

ive bought a CB radio today n want to fit it in so ive got a couple of questions for you boffins.

( 1 ) where the normal radio goes is it 2 sections or 1 originally
    ( 2 ) the radio is in the top bit how do i get the bottom bit out to place CB there.
    ( 3 ) where is the best place to put the CB.
    ( 4 ) where to put the ariel at min i got it on mag-mount on roof.
    ( 5 ) where to put the power wire straight to battery or ignition.

long time since i had a CB n my memory isnt that good these days so can you plz advise me

hi mate , i just fitted mine ( midland 38 ) i got it as it was small an fits in the space the ashtray lived with a bit of reshaping .
    i put the earth to the dash frame and the live to the feed for the fag lighter .
    just got to fit the magmout in the morning and put the dash back together and its done , ( i think ).
    john....
    i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Originally posted by johnd
      hi mate , i just fitted mine ( midland 38 ) i got it as it was small an fits in the space the ashtray lived with a bit of reshaping .
      i put the earth to the dash frame and the live to the feed for the fag lighter .
      just got to fit the magmout in the morning and put the dash back together and its done , ( i think ).
      john....
      ive just bought a moonraker like the one they got in tandys but tandys in plymouth were a load of coughsssssss well you can guess

Comment

the best place to put your antenna is the( middle )of u roof !! perfect ground plane ,. an the radio , out of site of the scum bags lol

Comment

I just done my CB the other week.

Put it underneath the CD player. There was a wee velvet cubby box under mine but it had a back to it so couldn't get CB right back. Had to take the dash to bits to get the cubby box out and cut the back off it and bring the wires for the power etc up.
          www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Originally posted by smithsurf
            I just done my CB the other week.

Put it underneath the CD player. There was a wee velvet cubby box under mine but it had a back to it so couldn't get CB right back. Had to take the dash to bits to get the cubby box out and cut the back off it and bring the wires for the power etc up.
            To answer your question Pirate it's one big hole that used to house a double din radio cassette. Most people bought an adaptor fitting that allows a single unit to be fitted with a cubby box underneath.

Nice Pioneer MP3 player Smithy, I've got the same model in mine. Sounds great through a 900 watt Rockford Fosgate amp and 2 x 1000 watt subs.
            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

ty guys i will try that when i get a bit more confidence at min cb is just lose but fits in between passengers seat

Comment

If it's got one of those brackets with it, you can also bolt it down in front of the gear lever.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                  If it's got one of those brackets with it, you can also bolt it down in front of the gear lever.
                  it has m8 just not sure where to put it but now the guys have put something up on how n where to put it under the cd player so im going to have a go at that when i get some confidence

Comment

Working...
                  X